Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Never thought id start today with a trip to the vets......

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Jrtz_rock, May 22, 2010.

1. Jrtz_rock

Jrtz_rock PetForums Junior

So woke up this morning , got up had my coffee got dressed went to take dogs out and noticed Holly had brown marks down her back legs, Didnt think anything of it as she has had a touch of the runs but she ket cleaning herself as if she was in heat on closer looks she had a browny green discharge from her vulva...Got to the vets who whipped her straight in...Alarm Bells!!...Thought she had an infection since her temp was up and to spay her would be best option to clear it up

Collected her 2 hours ago to find out she had pyometra, HAd been spayed, and by all accounts her uterus was MASSIVE. Shes such a small dog i dont know where she hid it.

Reading up on it later i realised how bad it could have been, Even had a few tears at the thought.

Happy to say she is resting up and enjoying the attention now!

2. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Oh dear,what a day!! glad she is doing ok now though.

3. rona

rona Guest

Well done for acting so quickly, sounds as if you may have saved your dogs life :thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice