Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Never seen her so terrified. Female Rat.

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by wylde99, Jan 3, 2012.

1. wylde99

wylde99 PetForums Member

This Is my fault really, I should of thought before-hand.
    Basically a guy came round my house today to put an air vent In my room, he had to drill some holes In the wall.
    As soon as he started to drill, Rexy started going nuts!!
    She was running around, jumping up and down In her cage, It was like nowhere was good enough to hide.
    She then jumped out the cage door on to the floor, and sprinted around the room In circles and jumping high, when the guy stopped drilling, she just frooze under my bed, she was trembling In fear, I honestly thought she was going to die from a heart attack or something, I never knew a Rat could move sp quickly.

Its my fault as I should of put them In another room.
    Strange thing Is though her Sister was not bothered about the noise at all.

Do you think she will get over this, or will this have changed her forever?

2. sammieanne111

sammieanne111 PetForums Junior

3 of my girls can't stand any loud sudden noises, My other female and 4 boys really don't care they just act like nothing's happening!!.

I am not convinced that your rat will grow out of it, she might get use to certain loud sounds, but will freak with a sound that is loud that is new to her perhaps her hearing is more sensitive to noises then your other female...

Samantha x

3. elmthesofties

elmthesofties PetForums Senior

When I got my rats they were very scared of any noise/movement. I used to play music to them while they were on my desk so they got used to it all. Maybe you could try that?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice