Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Neutering

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Kim carr, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Kim carr

Kim carr PetForums Newbie

My 11 month old pup is booked in to get neutered tomorrow. I'm so worried. Am I doing the right thing?

2. Linda Weasel

Linda Weasel PetForums VIP

I feel that 11 months is a bit early.
    What breed?

Ive always preferred mine (dogs or bitches) to look really mature in their growth before neutering and that varied depending on the breed/individual.

3. Kim carr

Kim carr PetForums Newbie

He is mixed breed. Maltese/Poodle. He is always trying to hump other dogs on our local field. He has a nick name Randy Bailey. I just think if he could he would escape looking for a lady.

4. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

It is absolutely fine, of course you are doing the right thing. Is it a dog or a bitch. Looks like a small breed so fine if it is male and if the correct time after a season it is fine for a bitch too. Ah , see he is a boy, it is fine to do him.

5. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

He's beautiful tell us more about him?

Try not to worry about neutering. Maybe be groggy tomorrow but the next day you won't be able to keep him calm.

O2.0, DanWalkersmum and Lurcherlad like this.
  6. DanWalkersmum

DanWalkersmum watching the world go by

I had my dog done about that age, he's a small crossbreed too. I could not settle when he was at the vets and worried I had made the wrong choice, but now I'm so glad I went ahead, it was a few days of discomfort for him and stopping him from getting at his wound but no regrets it was the right decision for us.

lullabydream, Blitz and O2.0 like this.
  7. Mum2Ozzy

Mum2Ozzy PetForums Member

Will you let us know how it went? I'm looking into neutering my boy too, he's constantly trying to hump my kids, one day on our walk he had a go at greyhound lady (!) and he took to marking indoors. The thought of the procedure freaks me out a bit though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice