Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Neutering ( Video)

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Charity, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

I didn't want to hi-jack @Rufus15 's thread about kitten season so thought I'd start a new one to show the video on the Cats Protection website about the benefits of neutering. If you have kittens and are thinking about it, do it.

2. Rufus15

Rufus15 PetForums VIP

Hijack away :) although I think you're right to post a separate thread that will get more traffic.

3. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum Obedient Cat Slave

thanks @Charity - very informative and reassuring for new cat slaves :)

Scouttie likes this.
  4. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

I think this should be a sticky if no-one objects ?

TriTri, Matrod, Charity and 1 other person like this.
  5. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

Thanks. A very informative video. Pleased to hear them say a collar is not necessary as kittens leave the suture site alone. Pity they didn't also include post-op suits.

MissMiloKitty and SusieRainbow like this.
  6. Rufus15

Rufus15 PetForums VIP

Seconded

7. kirstykins

kirstykins PetForums Junior

cp do free neuter and chip vouchers so u needent have to save up for procedure

ARLOnRIO and Charity like this.
  8. Smuge

Smuge PetForums VIP

Ash and Garfield are getting snipped on Wed. im far from thrilled about it (Tali had a bad infection after her spay) but its for the best

We both work so we dont qualify for any vouchers, itl be an expensive trip to get two done!

#8 Smuge, Apr 1, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    TriTri and kirstykins like this.
  9. MissyfromMice

MissyfromMice PetForums Senior

Missy at 6 1/2 months, proud to be spayed. 82.JPG

10. MissMiloKitty

MissMiloKitty PetForums VIP

It really annoys me how people still allow their cats to have kittens. Many of them actively encourage their cats to get pregnant in the missguided belief that a female should have a litter before spaying.
    Cats are overpopulated or rather I should say that there aren't enough people willing to give them a home. Shelters are maxed out and there are approx one million stray cats in the UK many of whom are not nuetured. The private renting situation has just made things even worse. :(
    If you truly love cats you will get them nuetured as early as possible.

Rufus15, Charity and MissyfromMice like this.
  11. MissMiloKitty

MissMiloKitty PetForums VIP

Miss Milo was spayed at 6 months too. ☺

MissyfromMice likes this.
  12. Nola

Nola PetForums Junior

Finally someone taking sense today have 3 rescue cats I bought my first cat nearly 5 years ago from a group of kids I never wanted a cat as I thought my dog would never get along with one but this kitten I saw in the street with these kids I new there mum so I knocked on the door and offered £50 to take the kitten as I could not leave getting thrown about by these kids she snapped my hand off for the money so I took the kitten I later found out she lets her cat just keep have litters makes me sick I no now she don’t have it any more she probably the poor thing never came home I had a big vet bill with this kitten but now a very happy spoiled cat who we love dearly my second cat was of a farm I had to run on a busy toad to get it when everybody’s stood looking but did nothing the kitten was 4 weeks old but with vet care and care at home she is now a beautiful cat who has a lovely life and the best of everything farmers should allow animal welfare group to trap and get them all done and put back on fatmbbut the farmers won’t so that makes me sick and my third cat was someone down my street who let her cat have litter after litter I went to her house and told her get your cat sorter but she shut the door in my face and 2 weeks later she moved and left a kitten behind so yet again people new about this kitten but did nothing but luckily he came in my garden one day I scooped him up he was so tiny though he was only about six weeks but vets said he was 6 months so very neglected I he had worms fl as flu a lump in his neck clogged eye i kept him away from my other 2 cat for 3 week which was hard work but I did it got him done straight away cause he was at the age we’re he would want to be mating got his flu and everything else sorted these three cats have cost so much money but they would all be dead if I did not take them so I no it’s a long story but your so right get your cats done stop these poor kittens suffering people who get kittens or puppies make me sick when they breed them don’t get a kitten unless u get it done

chillminx and MissMiloKitty like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice