Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Neutering Places

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Phoenix&Charlie'sMum, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Phoenix&Charlie'sMum PetForums VIP

My friend is on Job Seekers Allowance and the vets he has the dog registered at is charging £200+ to have his dog castrated.

Personally I think that is alot of money for a small dog. The dog probably only weight less than 20kgs.

As she is on Job Seekers, is there anywhere that does the vouchers or schemes? I know the PDSA and RSPCA only give you it cheap if you have income support, but job seekers is the only thing she is on.

2. moboyd

moboyd PetForums VIP

not sure if its ONLY income support that they will give you help at these establishments it may be worth ringing to confirm, also look at some of your local rescue/pounds, sometimes they can help with reduced costs neutering, I know the place I work at charges $40 for males and£50 for females, whatever breed or size of dog, but you do now have to pay up front because we had so many not turning up for their appointments, the appointments are in big demand, and many dogs missed out because of the non showers.

Mo

3. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Our RSPCA clinic will neuter if you are on job seekers, pension, disability..anything that is state paid so worth going in and asking. ;)

4. Spellweaver

Spellweaver PetForums VIP

I don't know about vouchers etc, but I do know I would certainly be changing my vet if he charged that much! It cost me £115 last Thursday for removal of tumour and castration, and follow up appointment.

5. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Phoenix&Charlie'sMum PetForums VIP

Thank you everyone.

I have been in touch with Mayhew Animal Home as they offer free neutering on all bull breed and bull x's. :thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice