Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

neutering *breathes*

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by foxxy cleopatra, Jul 8, 2009.

1. foxxy cleopatra

foxxy cleopatra PetForums VIP

:( i know everyone always asks...but im going to book it in the beginning of august. im terrified. :( Calvin is now about a year old...is this okay? my boyfriend is still totally against the idea...because he has such an amazing character, but he has got the whole house to himself now...so im seriously considering getting him a girlybun. what do i have to do before and after the op?
    he is really really lovely but, he does still nibble on stuff....do you think i should go for it? :( im getting him microchipped too...ive booked that for the 5th of august, should i get this done at the same time or should i wait incase it gets him too stressed? he needs a myxi jab too...so i need that done...dont know whether to get it done at the same time? :(

2. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

My wee Pickles is getting done in two weeks - so I will absorb any advice given to you for wee Calvin.

3. foxxy cleopatra

im soooo worried :( i hope pickles will be okay too :) awww i still love the name pickles! :) cute cute cute

4. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

He'll be fine and I think getting him a friend is a great idea, ive never had any problems with bucks being neutered. Calvin would love a girlfriend to cuddle.

5. foxxy cleopatra

i think he is a bit lonely really, althought he is having SO SO SO much fun now he can climb the stairs :) my 2 friends have having fun playing with him too :D he has 2 bedrooms all to himself :)
    does his wife need to be the same breed as him?

6. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Nope doesnt matter what breed she is, you should have a little look round rescues and see what kind of bun you'd like :) have a look here Rabbit Rehome - Adopt an unwanted bunny from a rescue centre ;)

7. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

Aww he will be fine....Norman hasnt changed at all yet. Still a monster! LOL

I think if they are young whether they have been neutered or not they are still active, they just get abit better with their hormones and litter training.

Plus getting him done means you can have 2 BUNNIES! Im so jealous, OH wont let me have another as Normi is such a monster all by himself! Maybe one day? x

8. foxxy cleopatra

took a look at the site, and there are none in gwynedd or anglesea :( my bf would go insane if i got another one.....but rabbits so prefer living in pairs...so im not bothered lol! does he need to sleep on cottonwool or anything? instead of woodshavings?

9. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Leo was done 2 days ago and he's pretty much fine now. Still pulling the woe is me act but no problems so far. Getting another bun is fantastic

10. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

Not sure I dont have a substrate for norman he has wood based cat litter in his tray, his comfy bed and a the kitchen floor! LOL x

11. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

I couldn't wait to get Miffy neutered. To begin with it was spayed because we thought he was a she but one day mum picked him up and I said to her I'm sure Miffy is a boy :eek: So we went to vets and the vet told us she was male! I was just glad it got noticed before we booked 'her' in to be spayed :eek: Not long after we got told he was a male he started becoming over friendly with me and would rattle his cage and refused to go to sleep but I wanted the male vet to do him so had to wait 2 weeks untill he was avalible. All went well and we kept him on newspaper (always have) plus some hay. Only thing is ever since he's been done he doesn't like me holding him and leaps out my arms and has escaped bad injury a few times. He only lets mum hold him now :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice