I know there have been a few threads about this over the years but I'm just looking for some current advice/experience. Billy is 6 months old next week (JRT) I was going to leave him maybe until 18 months or so before I get him castrated but we have been asked a few times if I plan to use him as a stud (I don't!) and now my husband is worried he is more desirable to thieves intact. I don't leave him unattended but he is off the lead in open spaces. He's probably being paranoid but it did get me thinking. He's also only got 1 testicle at the moment (Billy not the husband!) so not sure if that means I should get him done sooner or leave it and wait for the other one to drop.