Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Nesting

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by lugee, May 18, 2010.

1. lugee

lugee PetForums Member

Hi, I haven't been on for quite a while but I am hoping someone will give me advice.
    My female rabbit is now 10 months, and hasn't been spayed yet. (the reason being she was very small and I wanted her to be bigger before she had the operation, also because it was cold I wanted it to be warmer.) We moved them both from the conservatory into a shed, and straight away Leuki starting to pull her hair out, and I've noticed she has made a nest in one of her litter trays. (she is definately not pregnant so it is a phantom pregnancy.)
    Anyway my question is should I move the nest she has made? Would that upset her and make her pull more hair out? I was going to book her in to be spayed for next week anyway,(very nervous!) but i'm not sure if I should leave it there for that long.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Ameenah

2. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

If my girls have a phantom I always take the nest away, they dont tend to make another one. I dunno what other people reccomend tho :)

*Heidi*

3. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

When my girls started having phantoms I moved the nest, it didn't seem to bother them :thumbup:

4. lugee

lugee PetForums Member

Thankyou for replying. I will move it in a bit then, I was just worried she would start all over and pull all her hair out again!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice