UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stripey Tail, a semi adoptee has been visiting for around 3.5 years now, initially sneaking in to steal food but then came the day 3 years ago when I saw him padding down a fence in my back garden with his neck covered in blood from ear to shoulder :eek:

The next time he called I managed to tempt him with a bowl of food so got the chance to have a look at his neck. The following pics seem to indicate *something* had had hold of him by the neck (more than likely a dog round here)

from the other side, a matching wound and altho' it isn't clear on this pic, there was a nasty looking wound on his shoulder as well

He recovered without seeing a vet, I doubt he's ever seen one tbh, and slowly started coming into the house for a nap. As his confidence grew he'd often stay for hours, especially when the weather was wet and or cold, but it was always by himself, usually upstairs on the spare bed.

He's recently started sleeping on a chair in the living room, not bothering that my lot are also in there sleeping and on Tuesday evening had a good tour round the living room before jumping up onto the back of the sofa where he curled up asleep right above my head. I must have dozed off and when I woke I found him stretched out on my lap across a old pillow I put there to protect my clothes from #3 cat, Max's fur.

He might love a good chin and head rub (tho' hates being handled, I've tried once, never again) but I never thought I'd see the day when he'd happily sleep on my lap :D

Ian

·
Dad to Puss Puss and Shadow
4,844 Posts
Well done Ian for doing what you can for Stripey tail :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks folks :D

I should really have him neutered, but the thought of getting him into my carrier after the way he savaged me when I picked him up means I'm more than reluctant to try. As soft as he is, even rolling over for belly rubs now, he hates being handled with a passion. I'm recovering from a broken shoulder, so even attempting the carrier is out of the question atm.

He tends to disappear for days, sometimes weeks, in summer but come autumn/winter he seeks out the comforts of *home*. I've seen him on his travels the best part of 2 miles away from my house, so he must have one hell of a patch to cover when on walkabouts.

Ian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.