Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Nervous owner

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Britishshorthairbabies, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Britishshorthairbabies

Britishshorthairbabies PetForums Member

Hi all

I am on my final count down for my new bsh baby and wanted to ask your advise AGAIN! I am a nervous owner after losing one of my babies to dry fip in September. I have asked to see the dad and the owner of the stud has said its not the done thing but the queen owner said she will see what she can do? Is there anything else we could do or ask for? I vaguely remember someone mentioning a mating cert would that be enough? Should I be concerned? I have another four weeks to wait and I am nervous about adopting/paying for what's not a real bsh?

Duplicate post from breeding

Thanks Nikki x

2. rcmadd

rcmadd PetForums VIP

when you went to see your kitten were you shown any paperwork?
    the stud owner is correct.. its very rare for new kitten owner to ask to see the stud.. especially if the breeder does not own the stud.

when we sold our kittens.. we had all the pedigrees, health certificates. blood test results all to hand for new owners to see, we also had photos of the stud to show.

is the breeder a "known" breeder?

stop worrying im sure all will be well,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice