Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Nervous leaving Ziggy for the first time

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Elsiebea, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Elsiebea

Elsiebea PetForums Senior

We go away soon, and I'm never worried about leaving Big P because he came to us as a streetwise capable cat who although loves company, can and does cope without us.

Ziggy as some know, is our first kitten, and as he was only 5 months old this time last year, we didn't go away (there were other reasons too), but we are back on track this year.
    I believe they will both be happier in their own homes and I have two people looking in on them plus another neighbour who might keep an eye out, but I can't help feeling sorry for Ziggy and hope he'll be ok and not cry!
    Silly me

2. KCTT

KCTT PetForums VIP

Ziggy will be fine. I remember first three times I was supposed to leave Tipsy I bottled it and gave my sister the keys to my house and a bottle of wine to stay for weekend. Now Tipsy does get left and she is fine. I don't even get told off for leaving her anymore.

3. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

Love you!

I totally understand, we go away a lot and I still worry over my girls, to the point I was having a romantic long weekend in Paris in a very smart hotel, before we went out for a meal, I quickly rang home and my brother in law said all was fine but Loulou was still outside :eek: obviously the main conversation over candle lit dinner was the cat!
    I rang every hour until midnight, then whilst my husband was nodding off :Shy I'm shouting down the mobile Loulou Loulou Loulou whilst my brother in law was walking round the garden with his mobile held out for Loulou to hear :Shamefullyembarrased
    Loulou did go inside but goodness knows what the people thought of in the room next to us in the hotel.

But every time we go away the dogs and cats are absolutely fine it's me who is the wreak!

I promise all will be fine, go enjoy your break just ask the neighbour's to send you texts occasionally

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice