Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Neo mastiff X Great Dane I Believe

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by Danielj, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Danielj

Danielj PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone, some advice would be nice. me and my partner are big animal lovers, we rescued boss the neo mastiff X great dane from a person that had a big break down. and basically it was so bad he started drinking and so on.....he basically forgot about this poor chap, he was locked in one room all time, wasn't fed from day to day, never walked in months,

we was offered him 3 times and in the end i felt so sorry for him that i took him, he is supposedly 2 yrs old, his marle in colour, got the statue of a great dane and a head of a neo i think.

his so loving and abit scared, his great with kids, my nieces climb all over him and all he does is just role over for them to scratch his belly and he follows you everywhere, and loves cuddles. he walks on and off the lead, takes a couple of times to come to you off the lead, and pulls abit on the lead. but i don't think he was walked alot, his fully house trained, and is such abig baby, loves to sulk in the corner when he don't get his own way. i have never known a dog to have so much character.

unfortunately thou me and my partner are moving in together on Monday and we are not allowed big dogs, and he is abig boy. land lord said because of his size he is a threat. Even thou he is the softest dog you have ever seen. I don't regret rescuing him thou, because he is alot better now, he used to limp on his back leg and now you can see its getting better from slow excercise, we have had him nearly 2 weeks now, and his just so adorable but sadly he needs to go to a for ever home, with a nice big yard.

any help would be great. some pics of the poor fellow x x

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

Awww bless him

Have you tried your local rescues ?
    what happens on Monday if you cant rehome him ?

3. Danielj

Danielj PetForums Newbie

have tried a couple but all full up, well come Monday... he might even have to be took to the local RSPCA even thou it is against everything I believe in. but its also not fair on him to be stuck in a flat if i did take him and just hope people didn't report me, but we just can't. but i don't want to see anything bad happen to him either

daniel

4. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

5. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

rescue@bullmastiff-rescue.org.uk <rescue@bullmastiff-rescue.org.uk>

above is the email for the first link I posted, their contact us page doesnt seem to be working

Best of luck

6. SixStar

SixStar Banned

OMG he could be my Blue :eek: He's a Neo x Dane and the split of that fella. What area are you in?

7. Your Halo

Your Halo PetForums Junior

Try:

Large Breed Dog Rescue
    Iron Mountain Dog Rescue
    Great Dane Adoption Society
    Cane Corso and Molosser Rescue

Where abouts in the country are you? The may be some non breed rescues in your local area who may help

8. Danielj

Danielj PetForums Newbie

i have emailed afew and because i live in west midlands and not east they said they can't help.

have sent them an email

we live in west midlands - walsall area. just don't know what to do. :confused:

9. Danielj

Danielj PetForums Newbie

thank you i am in the west midlands - walsall area

10. Danielj

Danielj PetForums Newbie

i live in the west midlands area - walsall, but i just don't know what to do, the rescues say there full or can't help due to where i am.

11. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

what does the landlord think he is a threat to? people? the house? have you tried offering to pay more rent if you can bring your dog (most landlords are money orientated) it's such a shame for you to give up your dog because you are moving house :(

12. Danielj

Danielj PetForums Newbie

his not our dog, we rescued him about 2 weeks ago.to foster him, or to keep him but we have found issues why we can't keep him so we need to find him a new home quickly. the landlord was on about his insurance and the fact that the other residents will complain,

and he is a threat to people, and will destroy the house.

13. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

i dont know what to suggest then, other than what everyone else has said. Could you move moving day back a week or two? That way you would have more time to find a sutible home or rescue for him, he is really lovely :)

14. Danielj

Danielj PetForums Newbie

i think we are going to have to prospone it. he is a very lovely boy, his such abig baby...his great with kids and great with other dogs, he sulks alot when he don't get his own way...oh and he snores alot lol

15. kelly-joy

kelly-joy PetForums VIP

Hi we help find rescue placements for pets that need to be re homed for whatever reason, completely free of charge. We help them to find rescue placements so they don't end up in the wrong hands and homes.I am not promising that we will be able to find him a rescue placement but I will try, If you would like our help please email me at kelly-joy@animallifelineuk.org and then I will send you a template of questions about the dog and once I have that back I can start to contact rescues we work with to see if any can take your dog:)

16. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Have you tried Birmingham Dogs home 0121 643 5211

Also There is dogs trust, not sure what would be the nearest but
    Dogs Trust - Home should tell you.

Apologies if Im duplicating something you have already tried.

17. Jomox

Jomox PetForums Member

I would love to re-home your dog for you, currently just got one dog in my home, as the others are at my mothers in the city where they come here sometimes while I look after them, (train them etc)

I live in the country side also and have a very big back-garden which is surrounded by woods. On the front is a few miles of countryside where he can roam free on long walks.

I have to consider this but I also don't want to take a dog that is 2+ years old, am really looking for a new dog who is under 2 so we can bring him up with our other dog and pets, but I will seriously give this thought about giving this beautiful dog a very good home especially if your having trouble finding someone to take him, but I do hope you can find somewhere as it will be a bit hard for me to take a new dog at this current stage.

How is he with cats if you know?

#17 Jomox, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  18. Danielj

Danielj PetForums Newbie

he is good with cats, he used to live with a cat. and when he see's them when he is being walked he don't even bother with them, he don't even want to know them. his good with dogs just wants to play with them, his also good with children as my nieces and my youngest brother who is 6 plays and climbs over him and all he does is just role on his back and want his belly scratched.

well alot of people have said they think his about 15 - 18 months old, but his last owner said he was nearly 2. we are having trouble homing him, his such a lovely boy and has a heart of gold, i have touched every part of this dogs body - that might sound weird but just to check his ok with of, you can do everything his just abig softy

thank you

daniel

19. Danielj

Danielj PetForums Newbie

i tried emailing you but, it sent it back as failed and that your quota has been reached 550 - 550

ok this has got alittle worse, the landlord of our current house won't allow us just week or 2 he wants a month of us, so i don't think we are going to be able to do it, not a month on our current one, then months upfront and a deposit on our new one, but we rnt allowed dogs in our new one. this is a mess. we need to find him a home quick

20. kelly-joy

kelly-joy PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice