Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Nelly pug has dandruff - any suggestions??

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Cuddypuppy, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Cuddypuppy

Cuddypuppy PetForums Member

I have noticed that Nelly has a little dandruff, mainly around the bottom of her back. We are brushing her once a day with a soft brush and cleaning her face and wrinkles with babywipes. She is almost 10 weeks old.

Any suggestions to clear up the dandruff? All help greatly appreciated. :D

2. Cuddypuppy

3. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

We used a shampoo recommened by our vet called Allercalm by Virbac - worled wonders

4. Cuddypuppy

Thanks for that. ;)

5. Pam/Holly

Pam/Holly PetForums Senior

My dog had very flaky skin on her back and I had some shampoo from the vet called Birch Tar Shampoo and it worked very well.

6. bucksmum

bucksmum PetForums Senior

Could be 'walking dandruff',very common in pups.If you can brush a bit of the dandruff onto a dark colour surface and watch it very carefully,if you see it moving it's'walking dandruff.It's caused by mites but easily cured with frontline spray.

7. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

Make sure any shampoo you get is suitable for puppies, alot of them even puppy shampoos are for 12 weeks and over.

Make sure all shampoo is rinsed out fully as the residue can cause irritation and with the last rinse add some vinegar and don't rinse that out. They won't smell of vinegar when they are dry and it will cure dandruff and make them really soft and shiny.

Hope that helps

x

8. Opheliac

Opheliac PetForums Member

We have that for our dog Jed and it worked really well, though I'm not sure if you can use it on puppies? we got it from P@H :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice