Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Neighbouring cat causing problems for mine

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Lucy Hunt, May 24, 2018.

1. Lucy Hunt

Lucy Hunt PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone

I have 2 rescue boys Mickey and Murphy both are brothers aged 8 months and both are neutered.

They have been going out during the day for around a month but lately iv noticed a large cat making himself comfy in the garden, I didn’t think anything of it at first as the boys still went out but now iv started to notice this cat yowling when the boys go into the garden and also the boys go right round him or avoid the bench where he sits (this bench used to be their fav sunbathing spot)

So is this cat claiming his territory with yowling etc should I be worried and can I get rid of him so my cats can enjoy our garden again?

Attached Files:

Rhea mother of Zeus likes this.
  2. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome to the forum. It does sound like this cat has claimed your garden as his. Could you get a water pistol just to scare him off.or maybe think about cat proofing your garden to keep him out. But it would mean your cats couldn’t free roam.they are beautiful by the way. My cats have a cat proofed garden. And they go out as they please while I am in. But if you want them free roaming I would try the water pistol.

Viv xx

MissMiloKitty likes this.
  3. MissMiloKitty

MissMiloKitty PetForums VIP

The only sure way to deal with this is to cat proof your garden to prevent the neighbours cat entering and to prevent yours from leaving the garden

vivien likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice