Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Neighbour Dog - Help please :)

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by Dean H, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Dean H

Dean H PetForums Newbie

Hello my neighbour kept jumping our fence (probably out of boredom) done this about 4 times in a row but they tied the dog up outside in a fence corner with just a concrete floor. I can hear it crying its heart out

They work from 7 am and return about 9pm I personally never seen them take the dog out

Its breaking my heart hearing it cry

What should I do ?

2. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Does the dog have shelter and water? What country are you in? If the UK and there's no shelter or water, call the RSPCA.

3. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

oh poor dog . :( if you are in the UK you could try the RSPCA.
    if this were me and it ever escaped again into my garden , I wouldn't it back .

Lurcherlad likes this.
  4. Dean H

Dean H PetForums Newbie

Okay so I waited for it to stop crying and went upstairs to look over the fence. In its cornered area it has a rug and a bowl I assume water, but it keeps pushing the fence and gnarling at the lock then wimpier after that it tries to jump the fence but its a tall gate and I think its got a lead on.

But I feel so bad for that young dog just sat there all day

5. Owned by a dog

Owned by a dog PetForums Member

Could you try and take some pictures? If he has the lead on and he manages to get on the fence could he hang himself?

Lurcherlad likes this.
  6. Jackie Lee

Jackie Lee PetForums Member

If you can talk to the owner, i think it's good that you tell them to take their dog out sometimes or give what their dog needs to stop crying. Or maybe that dog don't need food or water but an attention. So sad :(

7. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums Senior

I personally wouldn't talk to the owner - these kinds of owners are often very defensive and agressive. If you are in the UK, report it to the RSPCA. It isn't an offence to keep a dog outside as long as it has access to shelter and water but they will look for signs of neglect, body condition, nail length and give the owner some tips to improve things.

For noise complaints, environmental health deal with barking dogs in the UK

Lurcherlad likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice