UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still a bit shaken about the recent health issues both the cats (especially poor Romeo) have had recently due to that stupid stupid stupid flea collar :mad: so I could be just going off on one but...

My garden is COVERED in cat poo.. and not solid ones but loose runny cartoon poo's I know for a fact neither of my cats have done them. 1. Romeo doesn't go out yet 2. Button will NOT poo in the garden even when it's been snowing (and she HATES snow touching her precious :eek: pads!) 3. Button has been locked in for over a week due to being ill. 4. I've watched next doors kittens using my garden as a loo on a few occassions.

I know that cats need to go to the toilet.. and I wouldn't be mad if it was just a few and maybe if they were covered... but were talking about (on last count) 16 runny poo's in the garden.. they're on the patio , directly infront of the cat flap , on the gravel ... on the shed :eek:

The neighbors kittens IMO are too young to be going out.. they are BOTH younger and a lot smaller than Romeo (who is around 6 months old). They don't have a cat flap so the cats are let out in the morning and let back in the evening (whatever the weather).

Button is finally well enough to go out but I don't want to let her out in case she comes into contact with all that poo... It especially winds me up because one of their kittens comes from the same house as Romeo came from (hoarders , unvaccinated, not spayed) when we had the problems with Romeo having worms and a parasite.. I went out of my way to tell them the issues we were having and told them to take the kitten to the vets to make sure she didn't have it as well... which they didn't do.

We've had problems with them before.. they have 6 dogs.. 3 staffies , 1 french mastiff, 2 small terriers and they weren't cleaning the dog poo up (you can imagine the smell in the summer) - We spoke to them and they cleaned it up.. but they left it in a bucket next to our fence - so we couldn't see it but we could still smell it.. We spoke to them again and they've sorted it out.

There french mastiff once jumped the fence.. CHASED Button through the HOUSE - knocked over a litter tray, jumped on my sofa .. and when I tried to grab her growled at me. While were in the garden if were near the fence that dog snaps and shows her teeth at us. They have apologised.

I know you can't control cats but it's getting absloutely ridiculous .. and I'm keeping Button in even though she's massively unhappy because I don't want her potentially coming into contact with parasites from the poo.. getting them herself and giving them to Romeo. Tomorrow I'm going to have to go out and pick other peoples cat poo up , bleach and hose down the garden :mad:

Theres too many animals in that house.. it's a 2 bedroom mid terrace.. the same as ours.. and trust me most of you have more floor space in your LIVING ROOM then we have in the whole of the downstairs.

Sorry for ranting .. I've spent all week in the house or at the vets worried that Romeo wasn't going to make it and I've just had enough :(

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What horrid neighbours:(

Is the property rented or bought, if rented surely you can bring it up with the landlord or housing department.
Rented.. but the landlord is an idiot. Theres been a string of people in the house that aren't very nice people (particularly the tenants before these) ... I must stress my neighbours are fairly polite and nice.. but they just don't seem to understand that the smell of dog poo for the rest of us isn't nice.. and having their kittens crap all over my garden potentially infected with parasites.. is disgusting.

I'm not the only person that has complained about the smell and the mess either.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Somebody already has... Last month the neighbor knocked on the door and asked if it was me!! I don't think they will do anything about cat poo anyway as cats are "free spirits".

I'm more worried at the fact the poo is runny and loose and more than likely contains parasites which I have continuosly told them they need to.see a vet!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.