Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Needing Urgent Boarding Near Sherwood Forest

Discussion in 'Dog Boarding' started by BrucesMum, Aug 25, 2011.

1. BrucesMum

BrucesMum PetForums Newbie

Hi

I am hoping someone can help in my hour of need. We are holidaying at Centre Parcs Sherwood soon and a family friend can now no longer take our dog for the 5 days. I can't bear the thought of being too far away from him, so am wondering if anyone can recommend a boarding kennel local to the Sherwood forest area?

I've found tonnes of them online but few have a website and I would prefer one that comes recommended if possible?

Thanks

2. Spellweaver

Spellweaver PetForums VIP

This one is near to Center Parcs - we've only ever boarded our cats there cos we tend to take our dogs on holiday with us, but I've always been impressed by the care they gave to them:

Kingstand Lodge Boarding Kennels
    Tel: 01623 846380 | Kingstand Lodge, Cuckney Rd, Budby | Newark | Nottinghamshire | NG22 9EY

ETA - check that the ownership has not changed because it's about 5 years since we last boarded the cats there

#2 Spellweaver, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  3. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

Hi Brucesmum :)

Another option for you ... My mum lives a few miles from Centre parks and she is currently taking in dogs who's owners are going away. It's mostly family at the moment, but she does look after friends of families dogs as well.

I've just given her a call and she asked when do you go away? She's got a dog staying with her for two weeks soon, and they collect their dog on the 18th of September, but she said if you wanted to she would consider any date after that. :)

4. Wendy Morrison

Wendy Morrison PetForums Newbie

Long shot but does your mum still do dog boarding ?
    and does she have space 11th October (5pm) to sun 13th 5pm?
    4 dogs.
    W x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice