Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Needing some advice for my poor cat

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Jaclou, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Jaclou

Jaclou PetForums Newbie

My 3 year old cat has all of a sudden started leaving little marble like poo lying around, maybe once or twice a day. His third eyelids are really visable aswell. Otherwise he seems fine still eating and drinking well. I took him to the vet paid the fee to be told they don't know what's wrong and he seems healthy. His eyes look awful. I'm worried about the poo situation as he doesn't seem to realise he has done it. Has anyone ever had this with their cat or have any advice for me? Much appreciated

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome. :)

It sounds as though your cat may have constipation, and his stools are sitting low in his rectum and then only pieces are being ejected, without him realising. It is quite possible that constipation could cause his third eyelids to be visible.

His poos should be firm and formed into sausage shapes.

The constipation is likely to be due to his diet. If you are feeding him dry food it is likely to be caused by that.

Change him to a wet food diet and ensure there is some fibre in his diet. Add a bit of water to his wet food to increase his fluid intake. (Do not add water to dry food)

At his age he should be pooing normally once a day.

#2 chillminx, Feb 13, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    Lurcherlad likes this.
  3. Jaclou

Jaclou PetForums Newbie

Thank you I shall give it a try see if it helps, the vet did check him over and didn't seem to think he was constipated however he is an outdoor cat so I never know if he's manged to go or not as he won't use the litter tray.

4. Douglas’ Dad

Douglas’ Dad PetForums Senior

Probiotics can also help with any kind of gut issues.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice