Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Need to put my cat in a cattery....

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by hebber, May 16, 2010.

1. hebber

hebber PetForums Junior

Obviously for going on holiday she needs to go into a cattery but are there any questions we should be asking when we go to view them? We went to look at one yesterday but my husband wasn't very keen but we have no idea what to expect or ask....any help would be great.
    Thanks

2. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

I only used a cattery once(my Scamp didn't take to being away from home) we checked they had a vet on call, which vaccinations were required,that there was access to an outside pen,the one we used also had heated beds in winter and piped classical music in the background, to calm them I guess. Toys/scratching post,dietry requirements adhered to,Scamp only eats fresh food or tinned tuna,that's his lifestyle choice:lol:not my idea at all. Some catteries now have webcams so that you can check on your cat if you have access to the internet while you are away. I hope that helps,can't think of anything else.Better go track Scamp down as it's his birthday today(15th) and I got some new toys for him to play with :thumbup:

3. hebber

hebber PetForums Junior

Thanks for the reply....I'll try and remember it all :)

Happy Birthday to Scamp :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice