Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Need to pick your brains Guys

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sallyanne, Jun 24, 2009.

1. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Ok,
    So my daughter is nearly 14 years old and every month (time of the month)we get the bad attitude,sulks,strops and loads of mouth.It is driving both myself and O/H round the bend.

I was chatting with my friend earlier who suggested taking her to the Dr's about putting her on the pill,not because she may get pregnant she hasn't got a boyfriend at the moment so I'm not concerned about that.It's her mood swings.

Would putting her on the pill have any effect ?

2. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

i've heard it does help calm eveything down :)

3. rona

rona Guest

It does help some people, go and have a chat with Doc

4. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I was put on the pill at 14 because I had irregular periods. I had a bad reaction to it, I became almost psychotic :rolleyes:

5. bird

bird PetForums VIP

If its that bad its worth a try, you have my sympathies, been through it twice. They do come back normal in a few years:eek:

6. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

She can be vile,it's getting ever so slightly embarrassing!

She was disgusting with my youngest this morning so much so that he refused to walk to school with her and I ended up driving him there.(Only because I needed to pop to Tesco on the way)

7. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Hi Sal, have you tried putting her on Evening primrose capsules because they are really meant to help. I have suffered mood swings all my life too. The pill may help though so I would definitely take Liz to the doctors and have a word because it might just be an hormone inbalance.;)

8. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

this is my second month of taking the pill for periods and i cant believe the difference it has made!! i am normal and no pain and hardly any loss, fantastic just wish i had done it sooner!

9. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Thanks,
    I might try those then before we see the Dr and see if it makes a difference,I'm not that keen on putting her on the pill if I'm honest,because of our family history.My mom died with Breast Cancer at 39 and I suffer from Migraine so I can't take it.
    The Breast Cancer runs through Mom's side of the family.

10. kareng

kareng PetForums Senior

EPO is the way to go.
    Its a hormone regulator :)

11. rona

rona Guest

If I'd known that, I would have said no

12. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

I got put on it at 16 for very heavy and very painful periods but I can't say it's helped much with moods. It has helped what I was put on it for though and helped my acne. Mum wasn't keen on me going on it before I was 16. I run it together for 3 months then take a break so people don't have to put up with the moods as often ;)

13. Nicci

Nicci Guest

I was going to suggest Evening Primrose Oil Capsules but they've already been suggested. Starflower oil is also really good if the Evening Primrose don't help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice