Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

need to keep the temperature down!

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by cassie01, Jun 24, 2009.

1. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

I think poor Merlin is getting hot. Saw him today sleeping on a plastic legdge belly up. looked like a very tiny dog, wanted to tickle his belly but i didnt like to wake him. He is very fury, thick longish hair. The windows are open slightly permanatly to let some air in and hes kept out of direct sunlight and drafts. Any ideas on how to keep him cool. i have one of those chinchilla marble slabs to keep them cool but i do worry. i dont think hed apreciate a fan. lol. thought a bout thinin his hair too but im worried about nicking him.

2. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

You could try laying out a damp towel/flannel for him to lay on. I do this for my rats in warm weather.

3. xxsamxx146

xxsamxx146 PetForums Junior

i was inp@h and they had something in there that was to cool down your pet think it was a slab or ice or somethign! quite cheap as well, check the website

4. toddy

toddy PetForums Senior

A cheap an ideal way is to get an old tile from BandQ and put it in the freezer for a short time and then give it to him to lay on.They stay cool for ages and really help.

5. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

cheers. will try them and see what he likes best. i feel so sorry for him, im too hot!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice