Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Need temporary home for sweet female kitty in Leicester

Discussion in 'Cat Rescue and Adoption' started by AdamPeat, Nov 17, 2018.

1. AdamPeat

AdamPeat PetForums Newbie

Hi there, I'm Adam and I'm sad to say that unfortunately I need someone to look after my cat until June (when I graduate) as my current landlord does not allow pets and I do not have any friends or family in the area who are able to do this for me.

Her name is Neevi, she is one year old. Neutered and chipped. She is house trained but also comfortable outdoors (though not near busy roads). Very sweet and affectionate and will warm to you immediately. She has never clawed any furniture or walls. She has been around other cats and dogs before and has never fought with any of them, though she prefers to keep to herself or her humans. I will of course help pay with her food expenses and can also provide bowls, toys and her litter tray.

Please PM me or send a text to 07393993563 if you or anyone you know can help.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

@AdamPeat
    Best of luck to you, she looks very sweet.

Have you offered a pet deposit and professional cleaning upon leaving to your current landlord? Even if she is not a problem indoors, offering those may help win your landlord over.
    June is not too far off, hopefully your landlord will be agreeable.

3. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

I would actually suggest you call Shelter and ask for some advice.
    It really is not easy for a landlord to evict a tenant over this kind of matter. Shelter may be able to help you negotiate a deal allowing you to stay put with your cat.

Eilidh, chillminx and Foxxycat like this.
  4. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

To be honest though, I am concerned about how you plan to deal with this issue going forwards. Presumably you are young if a student, or at least not fully settled, and new graduates often move around while founding a career.
    As you have found out, many landlords refuse to allow pets so it is not always easy to find accommodation with a cat in the equation

chillminx likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice