Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Need some hugs

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Aug 1, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Me and the oh have just had a massive argument. :crying:
    It was mostly about money. And not having enough of it. The usual.
    But not only is he saying my new fish tank project is going to have to go on hold so we can pay some stuff off (ie his uni debt!) He says we cannot afford to have an extra dog so no fostering!

I have argued and cried over this. Telling him it does not cost that much to feed one extra dog, I mean, it costs £10 to feed Dixie for over 2 months! And that we will not be paying vet bills or anything.
    But he is not having any of it! :crying:

He says he is stressed. And so am I. I said no, I have been feeling a bit crap, but doing something good will have made me feel good.
    That still did not work.

So! We are going to have to go without anything atall extra (not including his tobacco btw! :mad:) so we can pay off I have no idea what, but apparently his bank only just realise he is not a student anymore so have like 2 grand to pay them back!

He also said... This ones funny. (not) that maybe next month we can't afford the internet!!! :eek: I said oh no, you are Not taking that away from me- you can go without fags before I will go without internet!

So I am feeling pretty crappy just now. I was really hoping I could be a greyhound fosterer, but it is just going to have to wait until all this money is sorted :( I hate money!

xx

2. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

Sky's a busy boy tonight, another hug on its way..sorry to here your feeling down hun..:(

3. Ladywiccana

Ladywiccana PetForums VIP

[​IMG]

Awwww huni what a shame, i think most people are finding things hard at the minute wiv the credit crunch, one way to look at it is, it can only get better from here on in (hopefully)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Aw hun :( *hugs* it's always terrible when we argue with our OHs. How much does he earn? They shouldn't start charging him until he's over £15,000 a year and even then it's not that much every month :(

Are there any other things you do each month (buy magazines, takeaways etc) that you could do without so you could still foster without worrying about the extra cost?

5. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

No, we rarely buy take aways.
    He is pretty adament we are not fostering until after all this is sorted. At least he hasn't said never!

I'm not sure how much he earns, but he had a student overdraft from the bank, who thought he was graduating this year... except he left after his 1st year.. And now his weekly wages aregoing into the bank they realised he was working full time.

For one thing I am glad is job is 100% secure! It is his parent's business, they have 3 shops, that sell clothes (up market ones) the only shops like it in town. Also his dad was trained to tailor on savile(sp) row in london, he can make hand tailored suits etc.

I guess I will just have to get over it for now. Eat the last of the junk food! :D

x

6. *WillsTillsBills*

*WillsTillsBills* PetForums Senior

Argh!! we have this argument alot recently too and it can really get you down, sometimes it feels like you eat sleep and work! buuut you still have 2 beautiful dogs to give you snuggles and sloppy kisses! its hard because it puts alot of pressure on you both. It'll be fine :) hugss from me , my little monsters and Billy

7. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Aww **hugs** for you xx

8. animallover111

Im not much use for advise as i dont have a oh.......but tonight i have had some strongs words from my mum........:eek:......i was planning on buying my daughter a second pony..but my mum doesnt feel i should and she had some harsh words for me tonight......but i have to admit she was a little bit right.......so i stormed out in a huff........and now i can kind of agree with her......

Im sure the right time will come for you.....its not nice when things get in the way......as i have learnt tonight.....
    sending you lots of hugs........:):)

1 person likes this.
  9. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Oh dear, they will probably charge him more then because he didn't finish his course or declare that he had left uni :(

Nevermind babe at least it wasn't a flat out 'never' :yesnod:

10. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Yeah that's true.
    Oh well after this week I can get back onto baby making. Lol! :D
    Oh yeah, that's another reason I feel particularly crappy this week.

x

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Haha I've given up on actively trying for a while :yesnod: Got too much to be doing. :D

12. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Lol yeah I gave up actively trying too.
    OH said I was planning it too much it was bound not to work!

So I said (around about this time last month) Ok I give up. If it happens it happens.

x

13. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Oh no, were all having a tough time it seems, the credit crunch is hitting hard! :( Hope you feel better and get things sorted out soon! xxxxx

14. sandymaynard

sandymaynard PetForums Senior

Oh Hunny
    Poor you! Just take a deep breath and relax! I am sure that if you give it a little while he will have calmed down!
    Thing is money is short everywhere I am sure he just wants to get a few things sorted out!
    Once this is sorted i am sure you can carry on with your fish tank!
    And allowing you to foster a dog!
    Big hug to you!
    Sandy

15. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

Sending you some hugs :D

Once he has calmed down and got his head around the student loan thing he might mellow up on the foster dog and fish tank. I find my OH will try to upset me when he is in a mood, think it is to feel better himself knowing someone else is upset or stressed too if that makes sense.

16. animallover111

Ohhh im so glad im single.........

17. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Big hugs sent your way..men i dont know....wouldnt be without im sure but sometimes push the buttons.

18. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

Hugs coming your way :)

Men are :eek:ut:

19. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

[​IMG]

Hope you feel better soon hunni

Ellie x

20. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

Well you get 13 Hugs from the pets here, so thats gotta make you feel better.

I dont wish to be mean to your OH but to me they are HIS debts, it was him that didnt finish uni, if you are earning your own money(?) then I think you should be able to do what you want with it within reason(split bills, the rest is yours of what you make, and the same for him).

The problem with me and OH is he earns more than me(we dont live together) and he always wants to go on an expensive holiday or summin like that and I just cant afford it! I am not letting him pay, I have vowed to myself that I pay my own way. We have in the past split it 1/3 me 2/3 him to be a bit more fair. His idea :s :p as he earns about 3 times as much and has no pets!

*Heidi*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice