Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

need some advice

Discussion in 'Spiders and Inverts' started by Bellasmaid, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Bellasmaid

Bellasmaid PetForums Senior

I am looking for some advice. I dont like spiders but for some odd reason I have agreed to let my partner have a spider. I have never owned a spider and tbh I am dreading it. My partner hasnt owned a spider in a longtime. I have looked at some tarantulas and have made a shortlist of the 3 that maybe best suitable.

Martinique Pink Toe
    Giant White Knee
    Chaco Golden Knee

What do you guys think and can you give me some feeding tips, tank set-ups etc.

Am looking to purchase one as a spiderling so i can get used to it as it grows.

Any helpful tips,advice etc very much appreciated.

2. donna.n

donna.n PetForums Member

I haven't got any spiders only the ones without glass. If I was to get one I'd get a Chilean Rose. I held one the other day. Apparently them and red knees are the best ones to get first. I watch a bloke on you tube called TarantulaGuy. He's got loads he even recommends getting the 2 I've mentioned first.

3. Bellasmaid

Bellasmaid PetForums Senior

Yeah I watched his videos the other day. Everybody has a chilean rose so talking to friends of mine who have spiders, i went for a lovely white knee that we named Relentless.

4. donna.n

donna.n PetForums Member

Fair enough

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice