Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Need some advice, please!

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Mjos, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Mjos

Mjos PetForums Newbie

Hi!!
    I could say I have recently (3 months ago approx.) adopted Misu, a cat that showed up in the house and has never want to leave afterwards! We think she is around 2. At first she didn't want to leave the house but she is looking more confident and relax now and she is starting to go outside and wonder around.

I haven't got any previous experience with cats (always been a dog lover!!). I must admit I probably get a bit too scare when I play with her but I'm not sure whether her behaviour is normal or what should I expect. So I will appreciate any advice you can give me!!
    Basically, my main consent (which it's probably stupid!!) is that sometimes when I am playing with her or when she is lying on my lap half sleep all of the sudden she'll get offensive and try to bite me or scratch me. It's not normally too hard but she seems to be kinder with my hubbie!!

Sorry for the long message and thanks!!

2. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Hiya,

Shes either trying to play with you without realising whats right and wrong or she has been mis-treated by a woman, hence why she is kinda to your hubby...

#2 mypets, Jul 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  3. catcuddles

catcuddles PetForums Newbie

My cat does that sometimes when I over stroke her. It's her way of telling me to leave her alone, as she wants to sleep. I think it's quite normal.
    When she was young she tended to favour my husband more, but as she has grown up and she has learnt to trust me, she doesn't leave my side.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice