Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Need rabbit advice!!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Georgia Hughes, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Georgia Hughes

Georgia Hughes PetForums Newbie

Hi, I have two male rabbits that I got during summer this year. I bought them together and they have never been separated and seem to have a good bond, however, the larger male seems to constantly be trying to mount the smaller male and trying to mate and whilst doing this he’s pulling out bits of his brothers fur. It’s really frustrating as the smaller rabbit just runs away and seems to be getting fed up of his brother and I really don’t want to have to separate them but I’m worried about it turning nasty. Does anyone have any recommendations on what I should do? Would neturing them both help? Or will they just grow out of it? Thanks :)

2. Wild With Roxi

Wild With Roxi PetForums Senior

Rabbits should be neutered regardless, so I do recommend you do that. I think it should be fine, just keep a close eye on them to make sure it doesn't get serious. Neuter them asap though as it will help a ton.

Georgia Hughes likes this.
  3. bunnygeek

bunnygeek PetForums VIP

You need to neuter them, hormones are causing this dominance behaviour and it sounds like it’s starting to escalate which could result in serious fighting. Two adult intact males can try and castrate each other with teeth! It can be vicious.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice