Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Need help with rats

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by michelleice, Nov 28, 2007.

1. michelleice

michelleice PetForums Junior

Hi all im new, Ive been trying to find a new home for my to male rats as i do not have time for them any more as Ive just become a single parent. Ive tried advertising them in the Friday ad and loot been selling them for cash to make sure they go to a decent home is there any where else i can try? does anyone know any rescues in or around tunbridge wells area?

I really didn't want to see them go Ive had them a year, but i just don't have time for them Ive to many animals now im a single parent.

2. squidg

squidg PetForums Newbie

Try TVR forum there a lot of rat lovers on there
    TVR Forums

3. zeon85

zeon85 PetForums Junior

Try gumtree or preloved.com I would happily take them off your hands but i dont know well not suyre if i got room.. I own 7 rats 4 boys 3 girls... I want to ask how much u selling the rats for and does it include a cage (incase they didnt get along with my 4 boys i would be able to keep them in their cage)...

I live in Brighton and feed my rats on supa rat in morning and tuna, weetabix, milk and tiny amount of sugar in evening for a balanced diet.. My dream eventually is to get a place to open up a rat sancuary

Zeon85

4. petforum

petforum Administrator
    Staff Member

5. MrsNik

MrsNik PetForums Member

Most definalty TVR. I post there myself and it is a WONDERFUL forum! Would take them on myself if my husband wouldnt literaly shoot me through the head lol.

I have to say I would be against rehoming via classifieds ads. As babies they would be fine but with older animals they really need to find a home which is expierenced because it does take a little longer for them to settle down and such.

6. MrsNik

MrsNik PetForums Member

Have you tried the shunamite diet? I feed a variation for this myself. I use rat nuggets from pets at home, a rabbit muslie mix from my local petstore, shredded wheat and dry pasta. They also get kitten food a few times a week as well as stuff like boiled eggs and stuff as treats. My lot go DAFT for Tuna as well!!! Ooo also Curly Kale is a REALLY good fresh food for them!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice