Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Need help with my Tarantula

Discussion in 'Insects , Snails and other exotic pets' started by Tygabb, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Tygabb

Tygabb PetForums Newbie

About a week and a half ago I caught a wild tarantula in my back yard. About 50 dollars later, "Damn recession", and I have myself a 10 gallon terrarium and about 4 inches of coconut fiber bedding.
    I'm going to admit I couldn't control myself and constantly changed the interior of the cage, probably driving the tarantula insane.
    About 3 days ago, I finally gave up. I poked a 4 inch deep hole in the fiber, and stuck the cage in the corner and forgot about it. (not literally). I just got 10 crickets and he is NOT eating, he is not even lining his little burrow with silk. I am getting very frustrated and I don't understand how to take care of a pet like this ANYMORE.
    To be honest, I love tarantulas but the thing is I don't know an ounce of the knowledge required to take care of this pet sufficiently. Sure wiki can teach me a lot, but apparently not enough.
    Please help me... anyone give me SOME advice to get this tarantula to start becoming more comfortable with his habitat. Or tell me to let it go, I'm ready to just say "F**K it".

2. ....zoe....

....zoe.... PetForums VIP

god you really seem fustrated !

firstly do you know what type of tarantula this is (as you found it in your garden) ??

how big is it?

have you got any type of heat source to the tank ???

3. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

Release the poor thing. You simply don't have a clue.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice