Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Need help with my Chihuahua

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by WendyLea, Jul 22, 2009.

1. WendyLea

WendyLea PetForums Newbie

I hope someone can help me. I am staying with my mom for a bit and my Chihuahua which is 2 has gotten attached to my moms Chihuahua which is also her aunt. When they go out of town mine will not go potty outside she just sits by the door waiting for them to come home. I have training pads inside and sometimes she won't even use those. When i take her out all she does is sniff the ground or sit by the door. I am going to be moving in a couple of months and I would like to have her broke of this before then. I know it is not healthy for her to hold it in but I don't know what to do.

2. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

Hi,,

So your saying she keeps her toilets in until someone comes home?

I would stay out untill she did something , how old is she?

3. WendyLea

She is 2 years old. I have had her since she was 9 months. I have stayed out with her 30 to 45 mins. I will try to stay longer. I just get so frustrated she all she does is sniff the ground and doesn't do anything. But I'm not giving up. LOL

4. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

I found that chi's can be that little bit harder to toilet train but once you have cracked it your there..;)

i find like most dogs they love routine, i am up at 6 with my Chi's and let them out and leave back door open most days with me either out with them or watching from window.

Do you have a garden to let her out or to let someone to let her out?

5. WendyLea

We have a routine. The first thing I do when we get up is put her outside. I work nights so there is always someone here with them.Either my mom or myself. But she will not go outside by herself. When my moms chihuahua is here she has no problem. But when she is gone that is when she won't do anything. We can let them out by themselves out here. We live in the country so they have plenty of room to run around. They let us know when they are ready to come in by barking at the door.

6. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

Sounds perfect!!..:D maybe she just misses your mums dog :)

But give her more time hopefully she will getb the hang of it..;)

What kind is she? any pictures we love pictures here..:smilewinkgrin:

7. WendyLea

this is Zena she is about 9 months here. going to get some more on here soon.

Attached Files:

8. WendyLea

She finally went. I went out to feed the horses and I guess she couldn't hold it anymore. LOL

#8 WendyLea, Jul 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  9. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

:DId suggest getting her a little friend!!
    Two are much more fun anyway!LOL:rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice