Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Need Help fast!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by stevemc86, May 25, 2010.

1. stevemc86

stevemc86 PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone, i have a 1 year old chocolate lab which is kc reg and am wanting to sell her but i have lost her kc paperwork and dont have a clue on getting it back, could somebody help me please on what i could do.
    Many thanks steve

2. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

Hello

Not sure to be honest, could you get in touch the k.c - how long have you had him?

3. stevemc86

Since she was a pup. If i did ring up KC what would i say? i dont have any information on her what so ever as ive lost her family tree, kc forms and hip and eye scores.

4. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Can you remember what her KC name is?

5. stevemc86

No, it was something random :(. Thing is if i dont find her form am not gunna get much. I have no choice in selling her

6. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Maybe if you still have the breeders details you could contact them for pedigree name details.

7. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Hmmm..not sure how the KC work on being able to give out info but can you remember Anything atall?
    Her date of birth?
    Breeder's name or where they lived?
    Any info atall on the mum, or parents?

8. rocco33

rocco33 PetForums VIP

She won't have any - she's only a year old!

Where did you get her from? What about going back to her breeder - did she have an affix?

9. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

They might have all the dogs registered under your name. Try to speak to someone and give your name and address - it might be enough info. It would be easier if you could get hold of her pedigree name though. If you have to sell her - have you tried to get in touch with the breeder? Most would prefer that they assist in the rehoming and may even buy the dog back from you.

10. rocco33

rocco33 PetForums VIP

I'm sorry, but your girl's welfare should come first - if you cannot keep her then allow rescue to rehome her. I fear for her wellbeing the way you seem to be going about this. Is she spayed? If not, then why are her papers so important? Selling her for more money because she can be bred from is highly likely to result in her ending up with a byb or puppy farmer.

srhdufe likes this.
  11. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

:scared: OH my god i cant believe what i just read :mad:

Surely the most important thing is that she gets a loving FOREVER home. Money shouldnt even come into it :mad:

Jazzy likes this.
  12. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

What is it with people in the last week or so! Grrrr

If you're selling your dog surely your priority is to find a good new home for her, not to get as much money as you can from her.

13. rocco33

rocco33 PetForums VIP

There are plenty out there, but this could also be a wind up - especially after what has been happening on the forum in the last few days.

14. rona

rona Guest

It could also be someone a dire financial difficulty.
    I sincerely hope this is the case and the home is as important as the money

15. stevemc86

My bad, its seems ive upset some ppl and am sorry :( hope you can forgive me, i didnt think before i wrote.
    I dont want to sell her but i have no choice as whats happened in the last few weeks.

Shes a great dog but needs a home where they will look after her as a working dog and most of the time be at home.

16. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

What area are you in? if you are anywhere near me im happy to help rehome your girl,if its an urgent case.I own labs and know of many who do.
    Also lots of members on here own labs and im sure will do the same.
    Theres no money in rehoming older dogs im afraid,KC reg or not.So it maybe best to just rethink and try and find the best possible home for her.
    As i said,im happy to help if you are near me.

17. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

I'm afraid that if you can't remember the name of the breeder and didn't keep any other kind of record then there's noting you can do. The Kennel Club would only give out duplicate documents to the bona fide breeder - after all, the dog could be stolen (in their eyes) or had the papers withheld for some reason under the original contract.

It is a shame you can't find the breeder as if they are reputable and caring, I am sure they would take your girl back or at the very least help to find a new home for her.

If you don't manage to find the papers, then maybe the various Labrador rescues around the country would be your best port of call to help find a suitable home for her. I'm afraid you would not be able to advertise her as either pedigree OR registered if you don't have the documents to back that up, so you may as well see if rescue can help.

18. stevemc86

Am in huddersfield, West yorkshire

19. rocco33

rocco33 PetForums VIP

Is she a working lab? I have working labs and she's a little young yet to be sold on as a working dog. Where are you?

They will only send duplicate docs to the owner, if that is still the breeder then that would be the case.

Steve - did you transfer the registration into your name when you bought her?

20. stevemc86

Ive rang the breeder up and she gave me her KC name and reg number, so ive sent off for the docs again

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice