Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Need cat food advice

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Mjos, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Mjos

Mjos PetForums Newbie

Hi!
    Has anybody know anything about Orijen Cat & Kitten 6 Fish, Almo Nature, Applaws or Defu Organic cat's food??? Any one advisable or best than other?? Also I'm open to suggestions. I'm trying to convert my cat to raw diet but meanwhile I wanna feed her something better than Hills (which is what she is having at the moment).
    Thanks

2. Coraline

Coraline PetForums Member

I'd suggest HiLife pouches, they sell them in Tesco and Waitrose that I know of, and probably other places too. They're 60% meat and no nasty additives.

Applaws wet food is also good, but it's not a complete food so can't be fed as the main diet. The kitten version is complete though, so you could use that one.

3. Mjos

Mjos PetForums Newbie

Thanks again! You've been such a brilliant helper!! I'm gonna read a bit more about the raw diet and hopefully wont be bothering you too much anymore! Meanwhile she's just had about 40gr of chicken breast and she loved it! She is even asking for more!! Hopefully the transition into raw diet wont be too difficult.

Many thanks

4. gaia227

gaia227 PetForums Newbie

Have you tried Evo Innova or Weruva? I am also in the process of switching my cats to a raw food diet (they don't seem real impressed with their new cuisine so far) and in the mean-time I have been feeding them Evo Innova wet food and Weruva. They both have high protein content and they don't have any unnecessary carbs from corn, gluten, grain and all the other fillers they don't need and can't even digest properly.

Personally, I have never heard of the brands you mentioned but plan on looking them up. I am always looking for healthy food options.

5. Tinks magic

Tinks magic PetForums Member

I fed tink on Almo Nature and she loved it! I have to say that for her hi life made her a bit loose.

6. Saikou

Saikou PetForums VIP

Mine have all these - wet versions only, although the Defu organic is too expensive to feed them alot as I have a number of cats. All of those are good quality and have a high proportion of meat. The dry versions of those are not healthy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice