Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

need advise :(

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by lunalou, Jun 13, 2014.

1. lunalou

lunalou PetForums Junior

so we took a kitten in because her owner was too ill to care for her. when we got her i suspected she was only very young (i was told me she 10 weeks) she had an upset stomach aswell so i took her to the vets and they confirmed she was only just 8weeks old (she had came to me 5 days proir and had been with her owner 3weeks before that) iv done all that the vet said and her bowel movements are all sorted.
    after having the kitten the owner posted onto social media that she was going alton towers (not that ill then) and she is booked to go a show in london.
    We i informed her that her kitteb had loose stools i got told its because im not giving her milk! or that it could be the icecream she had the day before she came to me!
    the owners were a couple and i was originally told the kitten was the mans now the lady says she is hers and that she wants her back... iv be unsure about giving her back for some time because she had such disregard the for kittens health, she sent her with no food, bowls, litter tray, nothing and now she says she wants her back but she may sell her in a few months anyway!! what would you do? where can i get advise about the whole situation?
    sorry if im ranted, i dont want her to go back just to be sold on x

2. oliviarussian

oliviarussian Meeoow!

Tell her to go whistle!

Or present her with the vets bills see how much she wants her then, Sounds like she hasn't a leg to stand on!

3. Faith Lucy Smith

Faith Lucy Smith PetForums Junior

A:nono: absolutely do not give that kitten back. The previous owners have no regard for its health and did not car for it properly. Please do not give it back whatever you do.

4. lunalou

lunalou PetForums Junior

i dont want to but need some advise on where i stand legally? she says she is coming to collect the kitten with her partner

5. Jellypi3

Jellypi3 Slave to the devil cats

Does she have proof of ownership of that kitten? Photo's as evidence? You have proof of paying vet bills etc. Legally cat ownership in the UK is a very shady area, but unless she tried to get the courts involved i'd tell her to do one.

6. Faith Lucy Smith

Sorry i cant offer you any legal advise hunni but i can offer advise from my heart which is to not let kitty go. I dont think unless she can prove she paid for the kitten that she can say its "hers" anyway ? so perhaps investigate that avenue ? I would ask you local cat charity what they think on where you stand legally.

7. lunalou

lunalou PetForums Junior

i dont want to but need some advise on where i stand legally? she says she is coming to collect the kitten with her ex partner :(

8. oliviarussian

oliviarussian Meeoow!

The police won't get involved so she would have to take you to court.... I'm no expert but don't think she has a leg to stand on....Don't open the door to her!

Hopefully somebody will be along soon to advise you who knows more

9. Ali71

Ali71 PetForums VIP

Hi Lunalou

If you've got house insurance they usually give you a helpline to ring with legal queries...might be worth a shot? Have used them in the past for non pet related stuff and always been very helpful.

Good luck hun, let us know how you get on. Hopefully you have right on your side x

10. jessica93

jessica93 PetForums Senior

I'd tell her go whistle aswell!
    Do you have anything to prove that she let you have the kitten emails? Inbox messages texts anything? Proof that she was selling the kitten? You also have the vet bills so I'd show them that and tell them you want paying for the food the vets bills the litter trays everything you paid for let's see what they say then

11. Faith Lucy Smith

Yes good luck hunni. Hope it all works out ok.

12. lunalou

lunalou PetForums Junior

she has pictures of her as a very young kitten and pictures that iv sent of her at my house. the kitten is settled here she is happy i have a 1yr old cat who she loves to play with and she gets all the love and attention she could ever need or want x

13. Britt

Britt In love with Roucky

F*** her. She lied to you about the kitten's age, she gave her ice cream, milk, everything that's bad for a cat, what kind of an owner is that anyway? :mad:

14. lunalou

lunalou PetForums Junior

i have messages of her saying she was going to sell her and be offering to have her, iv got messages about the milk and ice cream and messages sent today stating she is going to sell her in a few months x

15. ALR

ALR PetForums VIP

Do you have any message saying she was going to give you the kitten initially? Why did she give you the kitten if she wanted to sell her?

16. ALR

ALR PetForums VIP

The RSPCA has an animal welfare advice chat service. I suggest you use them and ask what you can do for this kitten: Advice and welfare - Advice and Welfare - - rspca.org.uk

Don't hand over the kitten, whatever you do, otherwise you're more likely to lose her.

Do they have any other animals? If they do, you could report the couple to the RSPCA for being negligent to an animal. If the RSPCA decides to contact them, they might get scared. But it depends on the situation and see if the chat helps.

#16 ALR, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  17. jessica93

Keep the messages that you have and don't give the kitten back like I said ask her for money that you've spent she obviously doesn't give to hoots about this kitten and doesn't have the kittens welfare in her thoughts so why should you care about her? She obviously doesn't care about the kitten or you for that matter. But I would ring local charietys and ask them. And ignore your door to them

18. oliviarussian

oliviarussian Meeoow!

Has she ever taken the kitten to the vets?.... You have and can get records to prove it.... I think she is trying it on and wants to get money from you to keep her..... Do not hand this kitten back as I really think she hasn't a leg to stand on!

When you get her vaccinated make sure you get her microchipped in your name

19. jessica93

Wouldn't you be able microchip her before her vaccinations? If you do get her micrchipped I'd do it soon as then she won't have any proof the cat is hers cause she's in your name.

20. moggie14

moggie14 PetForums VIP

Welcome back hun, I remember your previous thread:
    http://www.petforums.co.uk/cat-health-nutrition/366588-kitten-loose-smelly-stools-4.html
    So this woman isn't giving up huh? :mad::
    I agree with the others, please don't allow her to bully you into giving the kitten back. She is much better off with you.
    Do you live alone? If so and you know she is coming around make sure you get a friend or burley bloke to pop round for moral support. Don't open the door to her. Just try and ignore and if it turns nasty call the police.
    I don't believe she has any leg to stand on legally. Good luck - you have our support from the forum :thumbup1:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice