UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Need advice

449 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Chatcat 
#1 ·
Hi, my black Labrador is 12 but is very healthy and hasn’t aged at all. However, I’ve noticed that he has two black dots on his iris that almost look like freckles? Does anyone know what this could be? Online is says about melanoma which is quite worrying but the dots are a bit translucent when a light is on them so could just be iris cysts or freckles? I’ve attached a picture of his eye, any advice would be much appreciated, thanks x

Attachments

See less See more
G
#4 ·
My cat had these freckles. When I took him to the vet for something else, I said my cat is 15 years old, during our chat. He replied that the cat was definitely 17 at least, because these freckles do not appear in a cat that is under 17 years old. I was quite chuffed actually, because I was pleased he had lived a long and happy life. However, my vet did not suggest any treatment of any sort, and did not say they were anything to worry about. The cat died of old age and the spots never got any bigger.

I wouldn't panic, but just get him looked at next time you are at the vet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.