Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

need advice on hamsters

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Daisymoo, May 19, 2010.

1. Daisymoo

Daisymoo PetForums Senior

My hamster Phoebe had babies 8 weeks ago, when it was time to seperate boys from girls we left the girls with her in the same cage now there is only 1 girl left and both mum and baby still seem very affectionate towards each other does anyone know if this will last? has anyone heard of a mum and baby hamster remaining happily together? :0)

2. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

What breed are they? If they're syrians I would take the girl out it's not worth the risk

3. myzoo

myzoo PetForums Senior

if they are dwarfs should be fine but any other breed like syrians need seperating they can and probally will fight to the death in the end sorry to be so blunt good luck with them piccies please:)

4. Daisymoo

Daisymoo PetForums Senior

Thanks for your help, they are Syrians so I will separate them. It is hard to believe when you see them cuddled up together that they will end up killing each other but I know they will!

Attached Files:

5. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

Awww bless them. Bet it was hard separating them! If they look so good together...but guess it really isnt worth the risk. Dini is still getting on brill btw!!! She's so furry lol! xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice