Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

need advice on a new baby and my 2 dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by chaza80, Jul 17, 2009.

1. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

Yes, but until you know how the dog will react, you should keep them at a distance. The dog has to learn respect with the baby.

2. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

the more fuss u make and the more u keep the baby at distance the higher the risk the dogs will get even more interested in the baby, but of course they should never be allowed to come up whenever they wish, always calmy and always supervised.

3. chaza80

chaza80 PetForums Member

some good advice stated in the posts, thanks, I Will look into things, I have a crate & he is creating havoc, only been going in for 10 minute intervals, and in that 10 minutes, he howls???

Yes he does follow me around everywhere, and cries whenever I leave the room, I know this is our fault, and should have been addressed sooner, but all good in hindsight, I must admit there has been a lot going on, and now its too late as the baby will be here soon. But I Will work away at him & hopefully get good results as he has been easy to train in other things.

Thanks again guys & I Will keep you posted

4. chaza80

chaza80 PetForums Member

An update for you all on this situation??

Baby Grace was born on Tuesday 21st July & doing well, we came home with her on Thursday & both dogs have been great!!

They sniff her, and Meg my older border is becoming protective over her, she lies in front of her cot and her pram & does not move.

Rocky the younger one, the problem with the chewing has stopped & I am beginning to wonder if its been an anxious thing with knowing there was going to be change, sensing that I was pregnant??? Unsure??? But its stopped anyway??

So thanks all for your advice, tried to upload a picture but its not letting me so will try again later.

5. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

Congratulations :)

6. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Congratulations and I'm glad the dogs are doing well.

7. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

Fantastic and congratulations on the baby x

8. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

congratulations :D

i wouldnt seperate babies and dogs either dogs can leave to leave baby alone with being told leave if they are well trained but id never leave them alone with a baby

9. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

COngratulations, Grace is a lovely name too. Glad that the dogs have settled down for you too.
    Nicci

10. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter,Grace is such a nice name,glad all seems ok with your dogs,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice