Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

need advice asap

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by barneythore, Jul 17, 2009.

1. barneythore

barneythore PetForums Senior

my jrt was put to sleep on monday since then my older spaniel has gone very glum and quiet then today he has started being sick could anyone give me any suggestions i am worried sick about him please please help

2. rona

rona Guest

Get him to the vet if he has been off colour for several days

3. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

im so sorry to hear youve lost your little dog:( i know some dogs do pine:( maybe you could take your spaniel out for more little walks give him something to do, are you sure he dosent have some underlying health problem making him sick tho? i dont really know what else to say why dont you try posting on the dog chat section or the behaviour section im sure someone with good advice will come along & help:) good luck with him x

4. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Im really sorry about your JRT, i would take your other dog to the vet ASAP just incase! :(

5. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Oh so sorry about your dog being p.t.s we had our first springer put to sleep last year and his brother 18months younger pined very badly. we miss read the signs for a while as monty was ill for 11 months previously and harvey was very much his carer as far as he was concerned and we thought he was more chilled without having to look after /watch out for monty, but we learnt that he was depressed, we took him out to different places i have 6weeks summer holiday so i took him out in the caravan for a week sometimes 2 weeks and he was fine till we got home and it was like flicking a switch he laid around and lost interest all over again.

We contacted breeders and our vets and we was told that springers do better 2 or more and more so if they are used to having a companion, he was basically giving up, so in september last year Moly arrived (so much for saying NEVER,NEVER, EVER,) she was 8 weeks when she arrived and yes he is better, much better but a little of the spark had never quite come back, harvey and monty was a pair.

Sorry i cant be of much help, but that was our experience.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice