Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

need a rant

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by big_bear, May 30, 2010.

1. big_bear

big_bear PetForums VIP

first of all apologies if i rant and talk too much but i need too vent .............

right heres the thing. my OH's sister has got a kitten shes about 11 weeks old now. she had been looking for 2 females from same litter as i suggested cos i said it would be nice cos then they know each other and will be nice for them too grow up together which she agreed too.
    then i get a txt saying shes got a kitten (missy moo) i asked her why just the one she said it was last one n they was giving it away so had saved her a few quid :mad:. she then said ill find another one. without being able to give me gd reason for wanting 2 i told her maybe just have the one then but fell on deaf ears.
    couple of days later i got another txt saying weve got a tortie friend for missy moo. i was kinda ok cool. and told her i hope things went well.

then arrrrghhhh nxt morning i got a txt saying sookie (the tortie) had to go :frown: i asked her why and she said cos she wont use litter tray and missy keeps hissing at her :eek: i said hun they got to get used to each other and maybe jus give missy some space and let her come round too her in her own time theyre both too young to be forced upon each other and tht she needs too give poor sookie chance with the litter training and maybe if it still not working maybe try and find a different litter tht she might like.

i then got a txt later and got told sookie had gone :frown: i said she was out of order just think everything poor sookie had gone through and they hadnt even given her chance.

then she had nerve to tell me she would breed missy with her sons cat in few months when missy old enuff tht way she will get her 2nd kitten ...... needless to say i put phone down on her.

i told bev my other half i was reporting her and she said no point cos missy is being well looked after in sense her needs are being met etc i feel totally crappy cos i couldnt get through to her and upset for missy who is going to bred way too early all for her own selfish needs arrrrrgghhhh

2. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

I think you desrve a rant you just cant help some people Im afraid :rolleyes: & hopefully you can talk her out of breeding x

3. mini cactus

mini cactus PetForums Junior

:mad: true what dally banjo says, you just can't help some people.

((hug))

4. big_bear

big_bear PetForums VIP

ty both of u i just dont understand her cos she used too work in animal rescue abt 10 yrs ago so its not ignorance if it was maybe there would be sum hope

5. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

Of course it's people like this who force rescues to be so fussy about who they rehome to.

I had a kitten once returned to me after precisely one hour. The reason? She was hiding behind the sofa :rolleyes:

Liz

6. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

:confused:

How is that a reason to return? It makes no sense. Weird people. Bet you were glad you got that kitten back before it was too late, though.

7. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

That really p's me off..... I'd love another cat... I've had Bailey for 6 months and I can only have another if my landlord agrees (will find out tomorrow) yet she's hell bent on messing up her cats health. Grrrr I have always put Bailey's needs first and I hate it when I see the kitten adds on gumtree 13week old kitten 'rehoming due to change in circumstances' there are so many of them it's not even funny. How can things change so much in a month? They probably just got sick of the poor kitten! Or prehaps it is 'too much work' for them. :mad:

8. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

some people just cant see sence cats ant toys that can be bourght into a family and after a day or so gaveing away it kinda sad

9. dee o gee

dee o gee PetForums VIP

Unfortunately some people just seem to think of cats as disposable. Makes me sick really. Why the hell would she want to breed from her to get a kitten when there are thousands of perfectly good kittens of every shape, size, colour and temperment needing homes. :mad: And what is she going to do with the rest of the kittens or does she expect her only to have one kitten to convienience her. :mad: And the poor other fella wasn't even given 24hrs to settle, what the hell does she expect. :rolleyes: And this woman used to work in rescue. :confused:
    Iv spent enough time volunteering in a rescue to open my eyes to what goes on as regards cats, not sure what the story is over in the uk but over here (west of ireland) cats are seen mostly as pests by a lot of people, not much better than vermin. :mad:

Just out of interest is this kitten just your average moggy or is it a particular breed, might help me comprehend why she wants to breed from it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice