Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Need a Mod to help me re: emails...

Discussion in 'Forum Technical Help and Issues' started by Phoenix&Charlie'sMum, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Phoenix&Charlie'sMum PetForums VIP

I used to get updates when about threads that I have either written in or have started, but I havent been receiveing any updates lately. Would someone be able to help?

I get an email stating I have a PM, but nothing else :confused:

2. rona

rona Guest

You want them????? :eek: ;)

3. Val001

Val001 PetForums Senior

I stopped all mine as they were getting to be a bit of a nuisance

4. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Have you checked your profile to see if you have accidentally disabled the e.mail function? Go into edit profile, edit options and there is list of check boxes for receiving email notifications.
    Just had a quick look for you and it seems as if you should be getting the emails. Check that they haven't gone into your junk folder maybe? Or change to no notification and then back again - see if that helps

#4 lymorelynn, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  5. Devil-Dogz

Devil-Dogz PetForums VIP

I am on another dog site, and this stopped happening due to hotmail classing the messages as spam. Maybe its something Mark needs to look into if you use hotmail.

6. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

I don't know whats happened, I'm having this too! I get random odd ones but not like I did before. I thought it was just me :eek:

7. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

Meeeee toooooo..... I thought the same :eek:

8. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

No mine havent been disabled, and my email address is my blackberry email add not hotmail :confused:

I wanted them especially for the threads that I put up about our dogs needing homes. I have to check dail;y to see if i have had a reposnse, and sometimes I lose the the thread amongst all the others and dont reply to the posts for some time :(

9. danielled

danielled Guest

I asked for notifications via email just to see what was happening then disabled it and for what ever reason emails are still comeing to me.

ETA just realised I selected to get emails each time a new reply is on a thread as soon as they reply but when I disabled again disabled but didn't click to save changes. Try again shall I.

#9 danielled, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2011
  10. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

So nobody knows why this is? :confused:

11. danielled

danielled Guest

No idea let me just enable my notifications of pm's via email see if mine is ok.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice