Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Neck Glands

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by tomo13, Jun 30, 2017.

1. tomo13

tomo13 PetForums Junior

My working cocker is 2 next month. I can feel glands, either side, in her neck just below the jaw line. They are probably small marble sized and as far as I can remember, they have always been there. They haven't grown. I can't always feel them but when her head is at a certain angle they are very obvious. Health wise she is fit as a fiddle.

My friends older dog has sadly recently been diagnosed with cancer and he told me that the first sign was that her glands became swollen.

Is it normal to be able to feel these glands or is it worth a trip to the vets?

2. Muttly

Muttly Fluffy Mutts Rule!

Not sure in dogs, but in humans when your Lymph nodes are up, there's something going on.
    Mine swell in my neck and under my jaw when I am ill or have any infection.
    Human and dog make-up is very similar, so I would have thought it was the same in this case.

I would get the vet to have a look.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice