Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Nearly....very nearly

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by thedogsmother, Jun 7, 2010.

1. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Just popped into the pet shop to get some hamster and rat food and they sell pets... they even sell kittens...:(, now I completely dissagree with pet shops selling any animals but kittens being sold in pet shops is just soooooo wrong on so many levels but there was a kitten there who was the image of our Paddy who we lost a few years ago, Paddy was a very special boy and we lost him far too soon and unneccesarily, so I found myself asking how much that kitten was and what sex it is:eek:, I dont think I would have got it but I am so embarrased that the thought crossed my mind. Anyway it was a girly and I think that snapped me back to reality because I realised it wasnt my Paddy but Im feeling mierable cos I miss the big guy even more now:eek:. Sorry just rambling on cos I just needed to, anyway heres Paddington in his prime, its a rubbish pic but the best Ive got:(.
    [​IMG]

2. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

He looks lovely TDM. Kinda reminds me of a cat my mom knew of when she was young, apparently it was her cats boyfriend.

I think it was my 18th birthday and we had just put Moe our orange and white maine coon asleep the summer before. While I was out and about town on my bday the pet store in town had this pen with kittens in it and one was identical to Moe! I was soooo tempted to take the kitten home but the thought of my mom getting mad (we were tight on money at the time) and how I was gonna get it home stopped me. Part of me wishes I got the kitten tho, even tho I know it wouldn't been Moe

3. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I have never been tempted like that, I think its cos Id been looking at pictures last night and saw some of Paddy so he must have been on my mind then there was this kitten beating up the other kittens and it just reminded me so much of him. I feel so relieved I didnt get her now as I would hate to promote selling kittens this way but I hope she gets a lovely home anyway.

4. dharma66

dharma66 PetForums Senior

It's a dilemma isn't it.

One of the (many) problems with kittens in pet shops is that anyone can walk in off the street, part with a bit of cash, and off they go.

I know why you might feel bad about having it cross your mind to buy the kitten - we certainly don't want to encourage the practice - but on the other hand, at least you would be a responsible owner.

I avoid independent pet shops because I find it too distressing to have to walk away and leave them to their fates.

Does anyone know if there are any movements to ban the sale of kittens in pet shops? Because I'd certainly lend my support.

Edit:

Oh, and it's not a rubbish photo, he looks great!

5. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

awww thats a lovely pic it hard when you miss a cat i know how you feel i miss my fluffy so much even my other cats cant take that away he was the best cat ever it the suckish thing about owning a cat

6. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Dont feel embarrassed for caring mate. Paddy meant a lot to you so its only natural to reminisce when a lil treasure reminds you of him xx :) I hate the way petshops sell live animals it makes it to easy for just any person to obtain an animal :mad:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice