Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Nearly there...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by woodwitch, Jun 25, 2010.

1. woodwitch

woodwitch PetForums Member

For all those who offered such good advice and support when I confessed my problems bonding with my puppy, I thought you'd like to know that I am nearly there! It's taken over 4 weeks, and I wouldn't say I love him yet, but I DO like him now! Something just changed overnight, and all of a sudden I was looking at him fondly instead of wishing I'd never got him!

We're teaching him commands, and are planning some ridiculous and pointless "party tricks" - he seems to like placing his paw against our palms when we hold our hand up to him, so we're teaching him to "Gimme 5!" He looks so cute doing it.

I just thank God I stuck it out, it was awful while it lasted, but at least now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and know that love will come.

Thank you everyone!

2. PedigreeUK

PedigreeUK PetForums Member

Great news. I hope you'll have lots of happy years together.

Janet

3. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Lovely news!

Party tricks are rarely pointless - your post shows that they help you and your dog to bond! Most importantly, they get the dog using his brain. The more tricks you train, the more you will find he wants to learn. And then maybe one day when you can't take your dog out for some reason - injury, illness, extreme weather conditions - you'll discover that spending about 20 minutes going through the trick repertoire in your living room will tire him out as much as a good walk.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice