Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Nearly there!!

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by steph2010, Jun 8, 2010.

1. steph2010

steph2010 PetForums Junior

Hi,

nothing has happened as of yet, she was acting really wierd from just after 2am until 5 am..she was in her nesting box laying down having a clean then she started her heavy breathing, she would have maybe 4 or 5 deep breaths then it was like she was practising pushing them out as her bum was lifting u a little after she had her deep breaths (her eyes were wide) she was following me all around making small meow noises as she was walking around, i went to leave the living room and go into the kitchen, turned round and she was there,

I have had a little feel of her tonight and i can feel that her milk has started to come in (i think) under her nipples it is like hard puffy balls under each one. her tummy has dropped aswell quite a bit

She usually goes out into the back garden a couple of times a day but she hasnt been interested in going out today she has been upstairs under my drawers which i had to turn away from the wall and put a couple of blankets under them,

the vet said that she was about 6 weeks so then she would be about 63 days today,

with all this going on would you say that the time is close,

steph

2. Honeybunch

Honeybunch PetForums Member

Hi there Im not an expert my cat is having her first litter in 2 weeks but I have read so many books and articles on the internet that it certainly does sound like she is very close.She is 9 weeks today then so any time now :eek: They say the average time is day 65. Im sure someone who has actually experienced kittening will be able to tell you more. But good luck and keep us posted I want to know everything so I can be prepared!x

3. steph2010

hi all,

well was at the vet with my other cat yesterday and i asked about gypsy, they asked if she has dropped milk? the only answer i could give them was that under her nipples i could feel like little golf balls, felt them 2 days ago and the vet said that is a sign that the birth is close, she will be between day 62 and 65, her tummy has dropped alot aswell compared to the other day, she is also cleaning her whole body as if there is no 2morro:)

steph

4. KatieW92

KatieW92 PetForums Junior

Ooh it's getting close! No such luck with Crystal. Day 65 now and still no kitties!

5. seymour3

seymour3 PetForums Junior

Im on day 66 and still no babies yet

6. steph2010

well nothing as of yet but we dont have long, she was going all crazy last night digging like mad in her litter box for about 20 minutes,:confused:: getting all loving, laying on the rug and jumping as though she had got a fright then jumping in the nesting box and cleaning herself like mad, and breathing very quickly, This morning she had a small bit for breakfast then went through and jumped straight into her nesting box and had this strange starrey look on her face, she has got big lumps under each nipple and they have got alot bigger, When she is laying down i can feel the kittens are right at the back as though they are in position to come out

I have read that you dont always notice that they lose "the plug" so if i dont notice that then what other signs would give away that she had started labour, we are between days 64-68:scared: (based on the vet saying between 5 1/2 weeks and 6 weeks)

Any help would be great thanks Steph

7. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

8. steph2010

Just to let everyone know i had gypsy at the vet yesterday morning as she is now nearly a week over (according to the vet) they told me that everything seems to be ok when he had a feel around her tummy and he told me that her milk has dropped and the kittens are near enough where they should be so with all of that happening he said that by the end of the week they should be here, if she has not had them by next wednesday then i have to take her back in and get a jag to induce her:eek:

For the past 2 nights she has been laying in her nesting box making a strange sort of meow noise and breathing pretty fast as though the labour was starting but it has never went any further, she was eating like a horse for a couple of days and then yesterday she didnt really entertain any food, she is constanly cleaning herself all over and looking at her bottom end making strange noises (its like a purr noise but its very short and deep)

Heres hoping that it happens soon because she is very big and tierd

Steph

9. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

Oh Steph really feel for you seems like Gypsy never gonna have these kittens doesn't it, but going off her food is good sign labour is near Geri did that, and as for the strange noises is she doing tht now, cos from what my son in law said when Geri was in labour she was making the same noises so she cud be in labour now fingers crossed for you all and you have some kittens tonight!!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Mo xxx

10. steph2010

Hi Mo,

She only seems to make the noises when she is in her box at night, she dont really go in it during the day, what did your cat do leading up to her giving birth?

Steph

11. pheobesowner

pheobesowner PetForums Junior

My cat didnt do anything. Just general licking / plucking hairs. Her waters broke, she went to sit in her box, and she had a silent birth, didnt make a sound, didnt pant, was like it was a walk in the park for her bless her :thumbup:

12. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

Hi Steph,
    Right this is what I was told cos I was at work when she went into labour, She started meowing very loudly at 1.20am then kept running all over house hiding under the bed, then lying on mat in bathroom and making that funny purring noise etc, then she was panting, lost her plug about 3am I think it was, more panting, purring noises then first one came out back legs first at 3.45am then 2nd popped out at 4am then she did her bit with cords and placentas and all sorted by 4.45am but think we were lucky, do hope its soon for Gypsy and you of course I am normally up quite late so pop on if anythin happens and I will keep a look out for you good luck:thumbup::thumbup:

Mo xx

13. steph2010

Well the vet said it should all be over by the end of the weekend so we should only have another couple of days left:thumbup:

14. steph2010

A quick update, think gypsy is getting closer:thumbup: about an hour ago she started meowing, purring, rubbing herself up against everything, and followed me and other half everytime we moved then when we went back through she jumped into her nesting box and started purring and meowing for about half an hour then settled down and lay with her eyes half open and half closed,

Could it be tonight or tomorrow morning???

Steph

15. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

Aw Steph,
    Sorry not been about was working last night, so didnt get a chance to come on here, well CAN'T believe ur still waiting, what on earth is going on?
    I think she is going to anything she will just have them now ha-ha surely has to be today?
    well everything is crossed for it to be soon:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Mo xx

16. steph2010

Hi Mo,

she settled down around 5am so i went upto bed for a bit, when my son and daughter got up gypsy was laying in her nesting box and my daughter said that all she was doing was meowing and wouldnt stop so she fed her thinking she was hungry but she wasnt interested in her food she just went back to her nesting box and carried on meowing,

from everything i have read on this site i would say that she is getting ready:thumbup:, but i think she will end up waiting until tonight,

Steph

17. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

So frustrating isn't it, but altho we keep saying it does sound like shes not far off, maybe shes gonna do a Geri and produce at 3.45am tomorrow morning, will try keep a check tonight, ((hugs))

Mo xx

18. steph2010

well gypsy had a really runny poo about 1pm then went straight back to her nesting box meowing and purring, she even rolled over and let me rub her tummy which shes never let me do that all the way through her pregnancy, the purring and meowing lasted about 30minutes to an hour and then she settled down to have a nap.

she seems quite settled just now but her tummy is rock hard, how long does this usually last before she starts contracting and going into full labour?? its just i dont want to leave her like that for to long, (started all this at 1.30am) so its only just been over 12 hours. Is a runny poo a sign aswell?? I know its not the food because she has been on the same kind for ages and has never had runny poos. she hasnt even bothered to sit in the garden like she normally does and for the past 4 hours she has only had maybe 3 bits of cat meat,

something i did notice is that when she was in her nesting box purring and meowing she was laying on her side with her head up a little bit and i noticed that both her back legs (and back end i think) was shaking, it only lasted about 15minutes and she hasnt done it since..what does this mean and is it normal????

Sorry for all the questions:eek: its just so im upto date for when it happens and i know everything i need to:scared:

Steph

#18 steph2010, Jun 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  19. Honeybunch

Honeybunch PetForums Member

Hi Steph sorry don't know the answers to yr questions but my guess is by the time you read this you'll have some babies certainly sounds like the beginning of labour. Just to wish you good luck and can u post details on here so I know what to expect when my cat has her kittens (Due on Monday)!! Take care fingers crossed they will be here before bedtime tonightx

20. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

When you say that about her beck legs ... was she lifting her back end slightly at the same time?

Everything really sound like it could be today/through tonight hun. I hope so, as she sure does sound like a big tease :D

Just remember if you see her trying to push for more than 2 hours you need to call the vet, for at least some advice. In fact it might be worth giving them a ring any way just to see what they say about what you described earlier.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice