Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Nearly at day 21 of worming...

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by AmyCruick, May 25, 2010.

1. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

On Saturday it'll be 21 days of worming so I need to scrub their room.

Is dettol enough to kill the EC bug or do I need bleach? If I need bleach please could someone advise what quantity of bleach to water I need? Want to kill the parasite but not harm the buns.

They've both done brilliantly at taking their wormer-not missed a single day and not had much fuss from them which is ace! :thumbup:

2. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

No I'm afraid Dettol won't do the trick, you need bleach. You will need 1 part bleach to 10 parts water, also don't forget to bleach all their toys and any that can't be bleached need to be thrown away :thumbup:

3. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

Cool thanks! :) -what about their beds? If I wash them on a boil wash will they be ok do you think?

4. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

Personally if they can't be bleach I would throw them out and buy new, but I am super paranoid that a boil wash just isn't enough. I don't know if anyone else can shed any light on the matter? But from what I have researched the only thing that kills the ec spores is bleach, so I don't risk it :confused1:

5. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

aaww poor guys will miss everything that smells of them

6. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

I know :( poor buns will have to go through it all again at 28 days aswell but it'll be so worth it. I am wondering if Lottie had something because since I've been worming her she's become much more active and seems much happier but that could also be down to having some sunshine I guess :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice