Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Naughty Kitties!!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by celicababe1986, Jul 6, 2009.

1. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

One of my cats is in the dog house!! We had our new sofas delivered today, the first time me and the OH have ever brought anything proper together (in 6 years!!) saved and spent alot of money for these. One of my cats walks straight up to it, and has a good old scratch on it!! totally ripped apart one corner and pulled all the leather off! I was watching them like a hawk one toilet trip and disaster happens!

They NEVER scratched my old knackered one, and they have 8 different size scratching posts around the house so no excuse!!
    I have banished them from the living room at nights for a while till i can trust them.

I sound so selfish, but i feel quite sad. 2000 on some sofas and ruined already, after 6 hours!!:(

sorry about the rant.

2. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Kitties luurve leather sofas I'm afraid. It's the reason we don't have them (sofas made of leather not kitties) sorry about your sofa though.

3. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

Aarrgghhh - we've got new leather sofas coming in September!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe older cats won't do the same. (pretty please Patch & Lucky - we'll give you lots of treats if you be nice to the new sofas).

4. celicababe1986

Im just reading through the leather insurance we paid loads for, says lifetime guarantee on all rips tears and stains......trying to see if it covers use for a scratching post.....

5. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

My OH says probably not - but i'm hoping it does for you.

6. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

lol all I can say is...welcome to cats!

The old sofas, they were used to the smell, cat don't like change...you change sofas with nice (well lets be frank leather=dead cow) smell & they want to mark it as their own..........

My boys have been pretty good, but we bought the cheapest sofas as i knew they would get stratched....as for leather! You are Brave!!! :D

7. celicababe1986

They were the OHs choice. Its him i feel sorry for, he tried his hardest to do something nice to make our place "our" place. hes quite down hearted at the moment.

Me being me just said "no" and wagged my finger at her!! Maybe i will buy another new scratching post so they need to mark that!!

8. Aud's_Mum

Aud's_Mum PetForums VIP

Oooh naughty kitties!

We have a leather sofa but in the conservatory where the cats arent allowed. Its covered with a throw though!! Our sofa in the lounge is knackered from the cats leaping all over it!! :rolleyes:

9. celicababe1986

some kind of good news after being on the phone to them........ They have put the wrong feet on and damaged one of the sofas, they are coming out on fri to examine damage and maybe take it back. Its the corner where she scratched. bad news we will be sitting our bums on the floor for a few weeks:rolleyes:

Just hope its a nice surveyor man x

10. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Oh dear - naughty kitty! I won't have leather sofas because of that. I hope you can get it sorted through the insurance.:)

11. Biawhiska

Biawhiska PetForums VIP

my expensive leather sofas are trashed. comes with cats i'm afraid :(

12. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Ooops! naughty kitties!! Ive got leather but have made it a rule jinks can only go on when his blanket is on but Im sure he does go on it in the night:rolleyes::D luckily he doesnt scratch it ...yet

13. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

ooooo that is very naughty
    i kinda no how you feel. we got our new sofa 3 weeks ago and have been following sheldon around while hes near it to make sure he doesnt scratch. altho ours isnt leather its like a funny material.

if the insurance covers accidental dammage then i wud say you ripped it not the cat as they mite be funny about this.

good luck, fingers crossed you get a new one

14. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

Exactly the same thing happened to oours .. nows it knacker
    ed its no longer touched!! Oh well you have to luv um xxx

15. Alansw8

Alansw8 PetForums Senior

I shouldnt laugh but i have a leather suite and i also have a leather bed frame and Mona my blue loves them and i didnt realise how much damage she had done to the bed frame but i am glad my duvet is large to cover it all up.

Thats cats for you :D:D:D:D

16. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

I have leather sofas and Tootsie as destroyed them i really need to get new ones, but i know she will do the same. xxx

17. Amzy

Amzy PetForums Junior

I got told that when i took out my home insurance any damage done by my cats was not covered!

I suppose its kinda obvious but I just didnt think about it and I thought it was funny!

Sorry about the sofas tho!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice