Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

naughty dog!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by cassie01, Aug 1, 2009.

1. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

well iv gone to my parents house for the week while they are away to look after the dogs. and since about 7 oclock the eldest has been driving me mad!!! he wont settle and he keeps randomly barking which then gets the other dog wound up!!!! im sure hes doing it on purpose to get leon to start barking!!! i dont know if he's just missing my parents or not but hes not usually this bad, he keeps sitting by leon and crying too. He better not be like this the whole week because i will not be impressed!!!! already stressed out as it is!!!

2. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Oh no! it sounds like he is a bit stressed, confused as to where your parents are??

My dad's gf went away with the kids for a week and my dad was at his wits end because their dally just whined and whined the whole wek!
    He was so upset at them all being missing! he kept going and looking in the kids room!

My dad took him for extra long walks to tire him out.
    He went crazy hyper when they got back! Lol
    It did not bothere there lab, she is 9 and is used to the family going up north for a few days holliday a year :)

I hope he settles down. Can you give him a jumper or something that smells of your parents?

x

3. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

they have never played up before when my parents go away (hes 8 now), which is why im so annoyed with it and have just igored him now. I didnt think of a jumper!! although im not sure id trust them with it, i think it might just be the quiet. might leave on the telly/radio for them tonight, either that or hes playing me up because iv shut him out the living room and he wants to get on the sofa, cheeky sod! he has been quite for the last 5 mins so fingers crossed.

little bugger has stared crying now iv said that.....

when i got up he had that excited look in his eye and i now know whats wrong, he wants me to go to bed so he can have his dentastick thing!! he went straight to the treat box!!!! well im not gonna be told to go to bed by a dog!!! he will have to wait! lol. i know hes always loved bedtimes but im a grown woman and will decide for myself when i want to sleep. bless him!!

#3 cassie01, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  4. catellkai

catellkai PetForums Junior

Hi i once looked after my mums spaniel while she was away.The dog went on a hunger strike i was beside myself with worry, i didnt tell my parents as they might have come back.I tried everything to get her to eat,she would only eat cornflakes with milk, i couldnt believe every year after too i had to give her the same.I dont think it matters whether they have behaved like it before, as all dogs can have a seperation anxiety.I know it will be driving you crazy but he may need some reassurance some cuddles to let him know everything will be ok.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice