Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Naughty Dave!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Aug 18, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

As some of you might remember he was taken to the vet's on sunday after he cut his paw..

Well yesterday morning he took it off while I was trying to get my oH out of bed. So I used most of the rest of the bandage the vet gave us to put another dressing on.

Today, I turned my back for two seconds while I fed the cats and he was chewing and the shoe. So I went up to get the lampshade (left it in my room when we got up this morning) and he had taken the whole dressing off!

The lamp shade really does not do much, he can position himself to reach round it and get to the shoe.

So I had to rake through my 1st aid box for another bandage and some tape. Used a whole bandage and taped it on at his elbow so he can't pull it off easily. Then used the last little bit of adhesive bandage from the vet to go round his paw then managed to get the shoe back on.

The cut looks much better (it was on the outside pad of his left foot) it's not bleeding, but is still pink and fleshy so I'm not sure if my thurs he will be able to keep the dressing off!

He's sleeping now thank goodness. I will go insane if I have to spend my whole weeks holiday keeping one eye on Dave! Lol it's worse than having a puppy, I can't even put him in his bed or he might chew the shoe again!

x

2. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

You certainly need eyes in the back of your head with him

3. kelseye

kelseye Banned

what a naughty lil guy....:)

4. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Well at least I have an excuse for not doing any housework! Lol
    I am going to attempt to clean out my big external filter for my 'new' tank so I can work out what new bits for it I need to buy. Hopefuly Dave will stay asleep!

x

5. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Well he was chewing at the bandage again! Despite me giving him a kong and some chews.

So... I have got a pair of tights and some vinegar. He has not looked at it yet, I hope it smells horrible to him because it stinks! I don't care if my couch smells, I just want his foot to get better!

[​IMG][​IMG]

x

6. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

Aww look at him

7. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I can't wait until I can have the bandage off. He is depresed. :(
    I am playing games with him indoors but have been instucted not to let him run about or walk too much because of where the cut is, walking on it makes it split and will keep it healing.

x

8. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

haha i like the idea of using tights...
    Bless him... i hope it heals soon :)

9. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

aww he doesn't look impressed does he!

Bless him, if only they knew it'd heal quicker if they just bloomin left it alone!

10. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

bless him, he looks so sorry for himself. Fingers crossed he will leave it alone long enough for it to heal.

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

He's a little minx isn't he :p

I'm having the same trouble with Candy's paw. I'm going to have to go to the vet and get a lampshade because I'm sure she's licking all the cream off when we put it on.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice