UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm still on my quest to persuade Rosie to eat something other than Felix. So far not much luck except with Applaws / Encore which I know is not complete. I bought a few tins of Purely and she can sometimes be persuaded to eat that but would much rather not. In Pets at Home today I bought some Nature's Harvest. Does anybody feed this? Is it complete? I can't find anything on the packages but it's got really tiny writing that I can't makeout. I asked the people in the shop - one didn't seem to understand what I was talking about and said I should be feeding her dry! The other said that it is complete but the equivilent of Mac Donald's. Surely this can't be true when it's 90 odd percent meat?

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Is this what it says it includes? Fresh Fish or fresh chicken (90%), Scottish Salmon Oil, Cranberry, Taurine, Minerals, Vitamins. It seems to be complete, though the analysis i found for it doesn't include vitamin or minerals etc levels only this: Protein 13%, Oil 8%, Fibre 0.8%, Ash 3.5%

Is your cat eating it? Because it is a dense pate, I would somehow be a tad surprised if your cat, which seems to like filleted, shredded food such as applaws, will eat this. If it does, then there are plenty of other foods that are high quality meat that are pate.

In terms of filleted/shredded meat, have you tried HiLife? Or Natures' Menu? There is also feline fayre - the black ones are complete. Bozita is a good product too, being one of the few that have a really high meat content and is still chunks in jelly and not a pate. There is also Yarrah, which do organic food in chunks in gravy at a really reasonable price.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Hobbs

I only bought it today and just a couple of tins - not tried it yet but not really expecting her to eat it tbh, just thought it might be worth a try! I did buy Nature's menu when I first had her but she wouldn't touch it. However, it was the first thing I tried her on and she wasn't eating anything so maybe it was her being unsettled at the start rather than not liking it. Will give it a go. I have a pouch or two of HI life that I haven't tried her on yet so I wil also give that a go.
Thanks so much for your advice :)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Nature's Harvest IS complete - it does say so somewhere on the packaging - I can't remember where, but I do remember, as you say, the writing its tiny!

Mine like it for a while, but went off it for some reason ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.