Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Nature's Harvest - Should we stock it

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by FRAZ, May 21, 2013.

1. FRAZ

FRAZ PetForums Member

2. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Wouldn't putting a link to the food in question, rather than to your site, be more use if you want people to look at Nature's Harvest?

3. Owned By A Yellow Lab

Owned By A Yellow Lab PetForums VIP

LOL LOL Spot on!

4. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

I've looked at it & would happily feed to Maisie BUT as ND is cheaper I personally can't see why I'd pay more
    However the flavours may suit some customers more so choice is always good

5. PennyGSD

PennyGSD PetForums Senior

Not the subtlest advertising ploy I've ever seen, even if it was done in complete innocence:D

6. Lilacsmum

Lilacsmum PetForums Newbie

I have had terrible trouble with damaged packs of Nature's Harvest, over half my last 72 pack order has to be returned. I spoke to Judge's Choice directly who said they have changed how they seal the trays now using easy open lids (the old lids were impossible to open) and there was a problem with the machinery. Anyway great customer service from JC who sent me some replacememt packs and have arranged to collect the faulty packs (I didn't buy from them but from Seapets. JC want the packs back to trace the affected batches). This morning however I fed my dog one of the new packs and the texture has also changed - you used to be able to see the rice, carrots, peas etc now it just looks like a smooth pate. My dog didn't look too impressed. I also noticed that they have cut the meat content to 60% from 73% :eek: Really not happy at all now so I will not be buying it again and will probably go back to Nature Diet as I can buy it locally plus it's cheaper :(

7. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Forthglade used to make NH and dont anymore.

IMO Forthglade's Lifestyle range is v similar to the old NH and probably the better product/buy. Their Menu range is great for those who feed wet/dry as it's complementary and a few pennies cheaper;):D

Great company, excellent customer service:D

8. henry

henry PetForums VIP

Another vote for Forthglade. I used to use Natures Harvest but I agree that the new formula is wetter and smoother. I've not tried one of these with Henry yet, but he definitely loves the Forthglade.

9. SprickerBen

SprickerBen PetForums Newbie

Hi mutely and mog, stock Forthglade instead of either natures harvest or nature diet. I went to a show recently where they were giving away packs to get people to try. It has a higher meat content than all the other wet foods out there and you can see the peas and carrots. Looks like a mini roast dinner! The guy at the show was even eating it himself, seemed like a good advert to me....not that I fancy it!!!

10. smokeybear

smokeybear PetForums VIP

Natures Harvest is, IMHO, the best out of the vacuum packed foods out there. I have never had any trouble with NH (unlike Naturediet) and the dogs love it.

I feed raw and keep Orijen on hand for emergencies and training but if I fed a wet food then NH would be the one I would go for.

11. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

That was probably when Forthglade made it. They've changed suppliers. Not as good now IMO:D

Forthglade Lifestyle is much better :thumbsup:

12. henry

henry PetForums VIP

Agreed! I've had blown packs with the new type of NH and it's much wetter in texture.

Another vote for Forthglade Lifestage, although I still like Naturediet as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice