Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Nature diet- how long can it be kept open?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Aug 23, 2013.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

As the title says, once I open a tray of Nature Diet, how long until I have to throw it out?

It is kept in an airtight tub a cm or so bigger than the tray its self and opened 3 times a day if that makes any difference.

It's just, it takes me AGES to get through a whole tray!

She gets half the marked section here (I was reducing the ND and increasing the JWB a bit).

Oh, and thats per meal not day :lol:

[​IMG]

Should I maybe, divide it up and freeze? I don't want it going off or anything.

2. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Mine is stored at room temp out of the sun but once open is kept in the fridge in a sandwich bag :eek:

We keep one for 3 days in the fridge at most as Millie gets through about 1/3 tray a day. But I would imagine it would stay for a week or even more if kept cool once the airtight seal is broken.

#2 Milliepoochie, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  3. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

should last up to 4 or 5 days if you keep it in the fridge

4. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Ohh yes, I put the tub in the fridge :lol: I wish it came in smaller packets! I have tried her on Applaws wet, JWB wet, ND is the only one she scoffs all her dinner with and she's not keen on the dry on its own she gets bored.

5. jesterjenn

jesterjenn PetForums Senior

When we got Harley, I moved him onto this instead of tinned, and his tray (it was mixed with dry) lasted about 7 days in the fridge - I didn't even put it in an air tight container and it always seemed fine :)

6. cavielover

cavielover PetForums Junior

I've just put my Cavaliers on this, can anyone recommend how much they should have daily?
    Thanks,

Stacey.

7. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

When I first put Maisie onto it, a tray was lasting 4 days and was absolutely fine in the fridge in an air-tight container

8. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I usually get 2 blocks of mince out at once which does my 4 for six days. Although that has been from the freezer so it takes a couple of days to even defrost.
    I think 5-6 days is fine though (TBH Im not sure they would care if it had started going off would they??:D).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice