UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Natural Paradise Wall Mounted Cat Bed- Advice

871 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  gskinner123 
#1 ·
Hello!

We're looking to give the girls some more vertical space in our living room.

We had these beds from Zooplus previously but we fixed them to an internal plasterboard wall, using special plasterboard fixings. Two weeks later, two cats ended up on one bed and the whole bed ripped out of the wall, resulting in a big hole in the plasterboard.

We're looking at getting them again and attaching them to an external wall this time. Before I order, has anyone had some success fixing them to a wall and them actually withstanding the weight of a 3.5-4kg cat?

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Cat Felidae Carnivore Pet supply Organism

See less See more
#2 ·
Hang on in there @Bethanjane22 I am pretty sure @Psygon had something similar a few years ago, she might be back over the next few days to offer help, as she has been pretty busy lately.

The cat beds look sturdy to me, your girls aren't supper weighty are they? more fluffy really, also if these beds are on external walls they will be fine as long as you use masonry screws like this

Font Art Gear Circle Auto part

#3 ·
Hang on in there @Bethanjane22 I am pretty sure @Psygon had something similar a few years ago, she might be back over the next few days to offer help, as she has been pretty busy lately.

The cat beds look sturdy to me, your girls aren't supper weighty are they? more fluffy really, also if these beds are on external walls they will be fine as long as you use masonry screws like this

View attachment 462570
Thanks @ewelsh :)

The colour we want is out of stock at the moment, so won't be buying anything until later in the month probably.

Nova is weighty, Luna, not so much! Nova is around 4kg and is a stocky little thing.

We had these exact beds before, but our thin plasterboard walls were no match for a cat jumping onto them. We've got some pretty heavy shelves on one of our other external walls, so I'm hoping if we use the right fixings we can make them secure enough for the girls to sit on.

#5 ·
I did have some cat shelves up but had to take them down as they were pulling away from the wall. Old house and bad plaster was the issue... Watching 5.6kg of Ted jumping on them was scary so they are down until we figure out which wall to put them back on!

#6 ·
We have two that have been up for about 8 months and used by heavy BSH cats.

Both are on solid, plaster/brick walls and fixed with heavy duty 4" masonry screws and rawl plugs (obviously you know that the beds aren't supplied with fixings).

They've remained firmly fixed. We did also 'strategically' place small hop up/down shelves a short way below and to the side and I think this has reduced stress on the fixings

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.